• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Tower Records

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Hudson's actually in a bad position. Their US division has closed, all of their projects cancelled, and from what it sounds like, evil overlord Konami plans on making them a "social games brand", which means shovelware. To think the US division was starting pre-production work on a new Bloody Roar too...

Also, the article doesn't outright mention it, but SEGA will be translating Monster World IV for that collection.

Lastly, Doki Doki Suikoden sold a grand total of like 6000 copies in Japan. Mega-bomba. Sad
Ranma824

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Lastly, Doki Doki Suikoden sold a grand total of like 6000 copies in Japan. Mega-bomba. Sad

Looks like there's a line that even the Japanese have to say, "That's too far".
Haterater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:43 pm Reply with quote
That Monster World IV picture seal the deal for me. I love that art style and I'll give it a chance.
toddc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:32 am Reply with quote
Que_Tal wrote:
Why wasn't Phantom Breaker for the XBOX360 covered this month?
i was expecting it would be.

Because it isn't out yet. My usual sources all have it shipping on June 2, which will place it in that month's import feature.
Northlander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The Xbox 360 is curiously absent from Sega's plans for the Vintage Collection, even though the ESRB evaluated Monster World IV for the console.

Damn it all to hell! That's one collection I really wanted too.
sfried

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:33 am Reply with quote
Todd wrote:
It's altogether quite charming in an old-fashioned way, recalling a time before irony and “moe.”
That's quite ironic indeed considering Asha is the very epitomy of "moe" in the series.

I guess it's Monster World IV for VC for me (not because of the moe, but because of the metroidvania...oh god..."moe"troidvania.)

Yep, Pandora's Tower saddens me if it won't make it here. In fact, if Xenoblade and The Last Story don't make it to the US, I will be severely disappointed in NOA.

Got Arcade Edition pre-ordered on Steam. GFWL...bleh (don't care for achievements personally), but got a good deal. That said, I'm really hoping for AE for 3DS in some form (either as DLC or cart).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2