• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Manga Recomendations

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fantastyfreak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:47 am Reply with quote
Adult Swim been boring me with their constant reruns, I still do not have a job, my mom canceled Netflix again and joined up with Hollywood Video which has no anime at all, so this summer sux is pretty much what I am saying, Right now the only way to get my anime fix is to go to Borders (1 mile from my house) but I need to know a title which is one I would read. I am a big fan of Yu Yu Hakusho, FMA, Gits, Bleach, Tenchi, Love Hina, Ranma 1/2, Naruto, and Eureka 7. So from these titles can anyone reccomend me a manga series which I might like
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:56 am Reply with quote
I'll throw in one from left field, the manga for I"s (yes, it's a " because I's is something else). It's one of those stories that could happen, and does happen, but most likely not to you. If I went into any further detail I'd ruin it for you and everyone else here who didn't read the raws :O
wanirose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:03 am Reply with quote
From your titles it sounds like you like action, comedy, and a bit of romance?

If so, for action you could always try Kenshin or Prince of Tennis.

They are both longer series so they will be able to keep you busy for a while!
yardsale09

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I'll secon I"s. Its a really good read. Its like a shonen romance/ comedy with just a touch of drama. Its what got me hooked on manga.
Sasukeden

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:39 pm Reply with quote
It's hard to recommend things from the list you gave because pretty much everyone likes all those series. My personal favorite is Ninin Ga Shinobuden which is a really funny comedy about a girl named Shinobu who's training to be a ninja. Absolutely one of the funniest things you'll ever read.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1