• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach on YTV

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solara_Chan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Luminesse wrote:
That is so awesome! I live in Canada so it's depressing when licensed anime shows are only shown on TV in the US. Good move by YTV. Now if only they'd pick up Eureka SeveN.... Very Happy

http://www.zannen.ca said that YTV is going to get Gundam SEED Destiny. I really hope this is true! It would be big since its most likely not going to air on TV in the U.S.
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Solara_Chan wrote:
Luminesse wrote:
That is so awesome! I live in Canada so it's depressing when licensed anime shows are only shown on TV in the US. Good move by YTV. Now if only they'd pick up Eureka SeveN.... Very Happy

http://www.zannen.ca said that YTV is going to get Gundam SEED Destiny. I really hope this is true! It would be big since its most likely not going to air on TV in the U.S.

Not gonna air on T.V. in the U.S.? Aw man, I wanna watch it. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:03 am Reply with quote
Solara_Chan wrote:
Luminesse wrote:

Actually the information of that came from this Site look:

Quote:
Since a Bandai Entertainment panel can never pass without some mention of Gundam, Ken Iyadomi had good news for fans of Zeta Gundam. They are currently negotiating the license to the Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation movies, and showed a trailer for the first movie. These will include new animation. While no DVD release date is set, they will be airing at the Chicago Internation Film Festival October 5-19, 2006. Later in the panel, a question was asked about Gundam returning to TV, but the panelists said that there are no plans for more on US TV at this time, however Gundam Seed Destiny will be airing on YTV in Canada.

Here is the Linky from this very own site:
animenewsnetwork.com/convention.php?id=331
halochief_90

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Solara_Chan wrote:
YTV is going to get Gundam SEED Destiny.
While I have doubts about how good Destiny is going to be, I guess that explains why YTV has been repeatedly repeating the original.
Solara_Chan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:25 pm Reply with quote
halochief_90 wrote:
Solara_Chan wrote:
YTV is going to get Gundam SEED Destiny.
While I have doubts about how good Destiny is going to be, I guess that explains why YTV has been repeatedly repeating the original.

Gundam SEED Destiny is really good, I've seen all of it
pinoyfreestyler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:49 am Reply with quote
YTV Canada and Cartoon Network USA appear to be good friends.

It's like almost 80 % of the shows are being shown on both channels and with the same type of dubbing.

Speaking of GSD, for those who are watching via Cartoon Network Philippines, we are already on episode 36 tonight.

For filipino locals who've missed the show, the above is a reminder to watch later. Smile
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:44 pm Reply with quote
I haven't heard anyone talking about the south Asian broadcast in ages! I must know - do they still call it the "Destroy Gundam" in the English dub, or did they change it to something else?

As for YTV and CN being "friends"... I think it's more a case of YTV being afraid to air anything that hasn't already aired on Cartoon Network, which is absolutely ridiculous. Especially when you consider that some of YTV's biggest hits have been complete and utter failures on CN.
S_C_L-1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:32 am Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
As for YTV and CN being "friends"... I think it's more a case of YTV being afraid to air anything that hasn't already aired on Cartoon Network, which is absolutely ridiculous. Especially when you consider that some of YTV's biggest hits have been complete and utter failures on CN.

true, but YTV has missed more than a few boats... Cowboy bebop and Outlaw star to name a few... i think they figgured out that they shouldnt be aiming for the 8 year old demographic when it comes to anime...

well... at least they are doing better than teletoon... (lols @ spider riders)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2