• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: CPM Distributor Recalls DVDs

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ask John
Company Representative

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Sorry for the confusion. It seems that the WEA recall may only apply to discontinued versions (SKUs) of select CPM DVDs. It may not be a universal recall on selected titles. It may be a recall on just particular DVD release versions of select titles.

John Oppliger
AnimeNation.com
jsyxx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:40 pm Reply with quote
fudge, I'm going to go buy that first Utena box I still need just in case. I'm pretty paranoid that I'm going to run out of time like I did with Nadesico.
icepick314

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:05 pm Reply with quote
i'm guessing it doesn't affect any people who previously bought those DVDs....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the "stay of execution", John. I don't want CPM to become another Streamline, especially since your company didn't deserve it. Not that Macek's company deserved to fall apart, but the only thing it had left at the end was Crimson Wolf.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:54 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Thanks for the "stay of execution", John. I don't want CPM to become another Streamline, especially since your company didn't deserve it. Not that Macek's company deserved to fall apart, but the only thing it had left at the end was Crimson Wolf.

YAY Exclamation Thanks for the clarifaction!

I'm still going to get the Utena box sets from Right Stuff though. With my Got Anime discount they were $35.99 each for Box 1 & 2 and $23.99 for box 3. Such a deal!
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:42 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
I'm still going to get the Utena box sets from Right Stuff, though. With my Got Anime discount they were $35.99 each for Box 1 & 2 and $23.99 for box 3. Such a deal!
Get 'em from deepdiscountDVD, they're probably less than $25 apiece there.
Oddly enough, I did have a problem with one of the discs in the Utena re-release; Disc 6 (Black Rose Collection Disc 4) was somehow scratched and distorted before I ever took it out of the box...episodes 24 and 25 played fine, but episode 26 became unwatchable, and none of the extras worked.
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:43 am Reply with quote
icepick314 wrote:
i'm guessing it doesn't affect any people who previously bought those DVDs....

It doesn't affect customers at all really- it's a retailer recall, they're not asking for people to bring back things they've bought.

The only possible way you could have an issue is if you you've found a site with one of the affected out-of-print titles still in stock, and placed an order recently. Not very likely.
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:03 am Reply with quote
Ask John wrote:
Sorry for the confusion. It seems that the WEA recall may only apply to discontinued versions (SKUs) of select CPM DVDs. It may not be a universal recall on selected titles. It may be a recall on just particular DVD release versions of select titles.

John Oppliger
AnimeNation.com

Ah. Well, that's standard business practice for any DVD, CD, or book sold in the U.S.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:17 am Reply with quote
Rats, I wanted to see Grappler Baki Mad
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:08 am Reply with quote
I actually was able to get it in from Buy.com, but it took unusually long, and when I inquired, this is what I was told: We were recently informed that [Revolutionary Girl Utena: Apocalypse Saga] is no longer available from that supplier. I ordered it under a different SKU number, but still...
dustopants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:31 pm Reply with quote
hmm... I have all of Cyber City Oedo 808 on VHS... but I wanted to get it on DVD... oh well, I guess there's always Ebay...
dustopants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:31 pm Reply with quote
hmm... I have all of Cyber City Oedo 808 on VHS... but I wanted to get it on DVD... oh well, I guess there's always Ebay...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2