• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Monster (TV) (w/ index).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MYAOI

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:03 am Reply with quote
After the comments above, I realized that a noteworthy piece of the puzzle was left behind. The analysis of the layers remains unchanged, but the analogic plot has to include a new information and some useless speculations have to be removed. This new side element is actually a part of the main plot.

I'm re-watching the episodes to track down the movements of the children. I want to check if ubiquitous situations are present in the story, that could confute some solutions.
The most difficult part is to identify clearly when the real point of view is used, instead of a subjective memory of the events.

Meanwhile I leave as a teaser three hints that I will include during the next revision of the notes.

1)
Episode of the TV recording at the Lieberts mansion (ep.67)
Johan is cheating Anna in her guessing which hand, because there are two acorns. The followings memories show the night of the tragedy.

[Probably the author used the acorns because there is a proverb "donguri no sei kurabe". That is, identical like two acorns, or very similar that you can't tell the differences]

2)
[LEFT&CENTER] Johan lending his helping hand to Christoff. They escaped together from Kinderheim 511 ("It's just you and me" "I have a plan")(ep.65)
[RIGHT] Analogous situation at Tenma's hospital. Johan in tears extend his hand asking for help, after seeing Anna.(ep.2)

3)
Hint to understand what could be the effect of a surgery to the frontal lobe after the shoot received by Anna/Johan (ep.73-74 end of the story)
"Frontal lobotomy (sometimes called frontal leucotomy) successfully reduced distress but at the cost of often blunting the subject's emotions, volition and personality." Wiki
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Anime Marathon Discussion (Nov. 6th, 2015 - Nov. 15th, 2015)

Spoilers Reminder for Marathon Discussion: Tag all spoilers within your post(s) and record the episode number(s) you're discussing at the top of your post.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 15 of 15