• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fox Box anime premieres in September

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuppyLuptonium

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:26 am Reply with quote
Funimation is one of the worst fates an anime can recieve when being brought to the US... The only thing worse is being brought over by 4kids or the Fox Box...

I have come to mourn Shaman King.... Luckily I managed to snag the series fansubbed before the announcement was made... And I am planning on watching Fox's dub, but nearly everyone else won't be so lucky...... IF WE CAN'T GET ANIME UNCUT AND SUBTITLED THEN WHY ARE WE FIGHTING TO GET IT IN THE MAINSTREAM SO BADLY?

Fox runs anime, 4Kids ruins anime, the WB ruins anime, Funimation subtitles poorly..... I understand that the networks have "Standards and practices" But DVDs do not....

This is why I will never understand why Pokemon is considered a drama in Japan, or why I will never see the first season of Yu-Gi-Oh.....

I just hope these series are so popular that they pull a "Sailor Moon R"....

Well until next time.... Uncut Boxed set dreams and Bad Dub wishes!!!
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:49 am Reply with quote
soook soook soook

and if you've noticed, the only title that funimation have "abused" are DBZ/GT. Dragonball, fruit baskets, and blue gender (and lupin mvoies too, sorry if I missed any more) have all recieved good if not excellent DVD treatments

Another thing, how do you know that Fox wont consider the hardcore market and release them in an uncut bilingual form? I know that's wishful thinking, but it's also something to take into consideration
Ferquin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Boo hoo hoo! Shaman King is edited! I'm gonna kill myself because anime is sooooo butchered in America! Mad

Get over it. This is the third or so thread on this topic and this whining is getting old! If it comes out on DVD uncut, then buy the damn DVD! If not, then buy the manga! Simple as that!

Damn these kids and their rock and roll! Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Unlike everyting else that 4kids has done, there's already a pre-existing mainstream fanbase for Shaman King in the US thanks to the manga in Shonen Jump. I'm sure 4kids has already considered this and is being very careful with what they can and can't do to the series without upsetting that delicate fanbase.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LuppyLuptonium

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm... Let me read the minds of the people at 4Kids....

"Anime = Cartoons = only 4 kids = non offensive"

REMMBER THE TARGET AUDIENCE IS 10 TO 12 YEARS OLD!!!

4kids isn't about anime... They are about entertaining small children with cartoons with bright colors and no replay value.....
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:06 am Reply with quote
You're absolutly right, that's exactly why THEIR version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has a great story, great animation, lots of visual violence (not just suggested), and is about 5 times darker than the original. Wow, glad you set us straight! 4Kids deffinatly only has little kids in mind and could care less about the teens that Shaman King would be normally made for. Rolling Eyes

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1