• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Identifying Manga.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady Jasumin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Ok i'm not sure what the name of the manga is because it's something my friend has just started reading and she says it starts with an A..but she's not sure.

Here is a description of it from her.

they have powers and the main character is a boy with short hair...and the mark on his chest just under his neck talks to him..and the other guy in it says that the main character is a cat and he is a dog; has shoulder length red hair.

..Yeah so I'm trying to figure this out because I mistook it for Black Cat, so if anyone could help out thanks^_^
dollarbanks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:39 am Reply with quote
It's not a famous or popular manga so I don't think many of you would have heard of it. I can't remember the title, but I do remember the plot slightly so I hope maybe at least one of you would recognise it.

It's about this girl who is in High School or something and the manga starts with her sweeping and this blonde hair guy or something like that, thinking about how she's always being bullied because she's such a pushover. The blonde hair guy is one of the hot guys in school and a lot of girls like him so when he goes over the girl to offer to help her to sweep, they get jealous and bully her even more.

So anyway, basically the manga is about this girl, and how all her ex-classmates start popping out all over the place for revenge.

Because in the past, this girl was actually a very violent girl, and she is quite good at everything. So she bullies all of her classmates and gives them names like short 107 or something like that, and treats them like students.

But then one day she was pushed down the stairs by this boy that she quite liked, so she lost all her memories and became the wishy washy girl she is. However, with the appearance of all her ex-classmates her oldself slowly starts to appear, so she's a bit like a schizo kind of thing.

That's about what I can remember, so if anybody knows the name of the manga please, please tell me! Thank you so much!
jgreen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:38 am Reply with quote
Dollarbanks, I don't know what series that is, but it sounds pretty good! Was it an official English release, or something you saw scanlated?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dollarbanks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:10 am Reply with quote
To jgreen: Actually I read it in Chinese, but I saw Japanese sound effects so obviously it was a Japanese manga translated. Oh yeah, it's a really good story. The drawing is also very attractive. That's why I'm trying to find it. I miss it. I think the title has something to do with "witch" if I'm not wrong.

And I still remember her ex-classmates. They're quite fun. The main ex-classmate is this boy, who is quite stoic, he doesn't exactly smile or laugh but he wants his revenge on the main character for humiliating him when he was younger or something. It was also him (later revealed in the last book) that caused her to become the "schizo" that she is.

You see, she has this brother, who is... well, quite dumb and then the main ex-classmate likes this dog. So anyway, the brother saw the dog once, and thought it'd be funny to draw on the dog. So he used a marker and scribbled on the dog's face. Later, the main ex-classmate found the dog and the main character found the marker that her brother used to draw on the dog. So, the main ex-classmate thought that she was the culprit and told her that he hated her, which was quite a blow because she actually liked him a bit. So I think she was so shocked she fell down this flight of stairs and when she woke up, she became the shy, timid, wishy washy girl she is currently.
dollarbanks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:17 am Reply with quote
The other ex-classmates are all quite weird as well (it's a comedy kind of thing) like there's one who is crazy about bike cycling, and she was supposed to have beaten him so he wanted to defeat her, another one was a actor and wanted revenge (I forgot what for) and plotted to make her appear on stage to sing, to humiliate herself, another one is a martial artist or something, another is a very pretty girl, who also got "servants" to follow her. However, unlike the main character who used her voilence to get her "servants" the pretty girl used her looks and charms to attract the guys. There's also a Science teacher who wants his revenge, for I forgot what reason as well. But I remember that it really was a very enjoyable manga. I need to know the title!! Argh. Miss it so much.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:19 am Reply with quote
dollarbanks wrote:
Actually I read it in Chinese, but I saw Japanese sound effects so obviously it was a Japanese manga translated. Oh yeah, it's a really good story. The drawing is also very attractive. That's why I'm trying to find it. I miss it. I think the title has something to do with "witch" if I'm not wrong.

PM me the title and/or content in Chinese then.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Fixen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:24 pm Reply with quote
dollarbanks wrote:
To jgreen: Actually I read it in Chinese, but I saw Japanese sound effects so obviously it was a Japanese manga translated. Oh yeah, it's a really good story. The drawing is also very attractive. That's why I'm trying to find it. I miss it. I think the title has something to do with "witch" if I'm not wrong.

I would really like to give it a try. Please PM me that too.
chili-san

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:52 pm Reply with quote
dollarbanks wrote:
It's not a famous or popular manga so I don't think many of you would have heard of it. I can't remember the title, but I do remember the plot slightly so I hope maybe at least one of you would recognise it.

It's about this girl who is in High School or something and the manga starts with her sweeping and this blonde hair guy or something like that, thinking about how she's always being bullied because she's such a pushover. The blonde hair guy is one of the hot guys in school and a lot of girls like him so when he goes over the girl to offer to help her to sweep, they get jealous and bully her even more.

So anyway, basically the manga is about this girl, and how all her ex-classmates start popping out all over the place for revenge.

Because in the past, this girl was actually a very violent girl, and she is quite good at everything. So she bullies all of her classmates and gives them names like short 107 or something like that, and treats them like students.

But then one day she was pushed down the stairs by this boy that she quite liked, so she lost all her memories and became the wishy washy girl she is. However, with the appearance of all her ex-classmates her oldself slowly starts to appear, so she's a bit like a schizo kind of thing.

That's about what I can remember, so if anybody knows the name of the manga please, please tell me! Thank you so much!

I'm pretty sure I have the title. 'W-Pinch'. I've read it in scanlations, and the description you gave matched it exactly. Does this match it? It's by Ryou Azuki, one of my favorite manga-kas. manga#3187

Last edited by chili-san on Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
chili-san

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:56 pm Reply with quote
dollarbanks wrote:

I'm pretty sure I have the title. 'W-Pinch'. I've read it in scanlations, and the description you gave matched it exactly. Does this match it? It's by Ryou Azuki, one of my favorite manga-kas. manga#3187
dollarbanks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Ah yes!! That is it! Oh my gosh! Thank you so much!! THANK YOU!!! Smile
chili-san

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:30 pm Reply with quote
No problem, and can someone delete one of my posts?
Accidentally posted twice.
hanachan01

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:00 am Reply with quote
There was this manga about baseball. The teams were real US teams, and I think it was BL, or at least had a lot of bishonen. Can someone tell me what this is?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:59 am Reply with quote
hanachan01 wrote:
There was this manga about baseball. The teams were real US teams, and I think it was BL, or at least had a lot of bishonen. Can someone tell me what this is?

Double Call by Reiichi Hiiro (interview).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
hanachan01

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Yes! That's it! Thank you Smile
jgreen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:28 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
hanachan01 wrote:

Double Call by Reiichi Hiiro (interview).

Was this approved by Major League Baseball? I find it very hard to fathom that MLB would license their team names to a BL title, considering how macho sports people like to portray themselves as.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 33