• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Identifying Manga.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:48 am Reply with quote
DDdreamer wrote:
Alright, thanks!

It's a pleasure.

DDdreamer wrote:
Do you have any examples of manga made by Kado because I can't find anything =/

Amazon Japan has some.
For example, Das Kapital.

DDdreamer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:21 am Reply with quote
hyojodoji wrote:
DDdreamer wrote:
Alright, thanks!

It's a pleasure.

DDdreamer wrote:
Do you have any examples of manga made by Kado because I can't find anything =/

Amazon Japan has some.
For example, Das Kapital.

I've done some research and it seems like the picture does indeed come from one of Kadoi's works. Now I'm just trying to figure out which one. Still, I'm impressed that you managed to figure out the mangaka from that one, small picture. xD

D3
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:12 pm Reply with quote
I remember reading this manga about the lives of a group of women. They are all intertwined with each other. I think the first woman was a mob boss or something but she hides it from her husband. The husband almost caught her once when she was threatening someone, but she jumped from the 2nd floor and escaped. She pretends to be a florist and loves her husband a lot. There was also a story on some makeup artist, who I think was actually an old man but with makeup looks like a beautiful girl. Anyone know the name of this manga?
lys

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Was this something licensed/published in English? I don't think I've read it, but if it was, that helps narrow down the options some...
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:42 pm Reply with quote
It was on Mangahere, so yes it was in english.
lys

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, that doesn't really narrow anything down. I believe that's a site that hosts scanlations, so anything it has isn't necessarily published in English. Sorry I can't help more.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:36 am Reply with quote
I found the manga I was looking for, http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=77380. Thanks Lys for trying.
PansyWansyLinsy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:49 am Reply with quote
Ianshelfs wrote:
Lys wrote:
Ianshelfs wrote:
It's about this high school girl who has a secret modelling career and some guy at her school, who loves her I think, finds out.

Penguin Revolution is another one about models/actors?... again, though, I think it's a crossdressing boy who is the model and gets found out by the girl. (in Nousatsu the boy models as a girl; in Penguin the boy wears female attire as a disguise in daily life and models as himself.)

If the girl were a maid and not a model, it would sound exactly like Maid Sama!, published by Tokyopop (girl works at maid café for the money, boy from school who likes her finds out).

You saw it in a bookstore, so can we assume it's a licensed title? It sounds similar to Film Girl (Shigeyoshi Takagi) but that hasn't been published here and is possibly also too new (2010-11). I imported both volumes. It's a fun story about a former model girl who gets recognized by a guy who is a major fan of hers (and is currently a model himself) Very Happy

Maybe it was a manhwa? It seems like a plausible plot for one, but I haven't read many so I don't know for sure.

I'll see if I can find anything out with the idea that it might have been a manwha. Ill be a bit more specific about it being "years ago". It was somewhere about 2004-2007. Most likely 2005-2006.

It sounds like My Girl by Paek Jeong Won. Manhwa about a young girl who is rather plain at school but is secretly a really popular model. She has a crush on a fellow at school who has a crush on her model persona and he does eventually find out her identity.

EDIT: lol, sorry, I should pay more attention to post dates. That request was written many months ago, but if the other person ever comes back, here's an answer (if you haven't already found it) Very Happy
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:58 am Reply with quote
Someone around here should be able to read Japanese (clearly that person is not me). When I was in a used store yesterday, saw some interesting looking manga that were in Japanese. So I took a pic (sorry it's kinda small, my phone sucks/is old), so does anyone recognize either of these? Or could translate the kanji into phoenetic English?
http://picture.vzw.com/mi/785966114_2789547171_0.jpeg?limitsize=345,345&outquality=56&ext=.jpg&border=2,0,0,0
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:21 am Reply with quote
I don't think anyone but you can view that image.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:59 am Reply with quote
Ah, thank you, I shall upload it to photobucket
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:10 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Ah, thank you, I shall upload it to photobucket

Left: Itsuki Natsumi's Tokiiro Triangle
Right: Nasu Yukie's Gekkō

It seems that they are the editions in Chinese.

zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:25 am Reply with quote
Thanks!

No wonder they stuck out at me, I've read something by both mangaka before! Here is Greenwood and Jyu Oh Sei (and what came out of Demon Sacred)
JDogindy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:51 am Reply with quote
I had posted a thread about this, without knowing of this thread. Again, new to posting on this forum, despite having nearly a decade's experience of message boards under my belt.

So, here's the original request:

My memory may be hazy, so do forgive me if I botch the details. Again, that's why my memory is bad about it.

It was a one-off book, meaning that it had a beginning and a conclusion in the one book itself.

However, the series began with three characters (two male and one female, I believe) that were basically people who looked for scrap for some extra cash. This is rather embarassing, but the one main detail I remember of the trio was that the female was the brains of the operation (and the only one who wore a spacesuit, while the other two were in their regular outfits).
dmartins

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:20 pm Reply with quote
I forgot the name of a manhwa manga and it is about about a guy kidnapping his former classes and left them in a large box container. The kidnapper was above them. The pages were like "City of the Dead Sorcerer" pages. Does anyone know what I am talking about?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 23 of 33