• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: New Gundam Work to Be Unveiled in June 13

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TopGunman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:16 am Reply with quote
I really hope it's one of the 3

- Gundam Wing sidestories (teil's impulse, battlefield of pacifist etc) or the Episode Zero prequel or Forzen Teardrop, because Gundam Wing is the best of the series.

- Or a Gundam X prequel (Severely underrated Gundam series). Stupid Bandai picked up stupid Turn A instead of the cooler X series. If it's an X project then they'd have no choice but to get the X anime and dub it. I think it needs a prequel movie to explain some stuff.

- The Gundam Seed movie that they put on hold. That's be so cool. I hope it's something like Shinn Asuka becomes the villain and somehow becomes stronger than Kira and Athrun.

Although if it is a new series, that'd be fine too, but I'd really like to get the older series more complete before anything new comes out.
FaytLein

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:56 am Reply with quote
I really doubt that SEED will be revisited since Morosawa's health was fluctuating wildly during SEED Destiny and that while Kira and Lacus are probably still the most popular Gundam couple, I think trying to recapture some of the fans SEED had will be a hard thing to do, with the series all but finished for almost six years now.

No, I think we'll get a brand new AU out of the deal. Unicorn was the bone they threw to the UC fans, unless its something based on novel or manga form like Gundam Sentinel, Crossbone or Under the Moonlight, revisiting the UC never seems to pan out unless they revisit the One Year War for the millionth time. Expect four or five pretty boys, lots of explosions, and hopefully tons of Gunpla sales. (Wasn't Gunpla sales for SEED and SEED D fairly tame? 00 seems to have done OK for themselves though.)

Because when it comes to Gundam, the Gunpla must flow...for the Gunpla controls the universe!
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:07 am Reply with quote
FaytLein wrote:
I really doubt that SEED will be revisited since Morosawa's health was fluctuating wildly during SEED Destiny and that while Kira and Lacus are probably still the most popular Gundam couple, I think trying to recapture some of the fans SEED had will be a hard thing to do, with the series all but finished for almost six years now.

Last time I checked Gundam Seed still scores highly on character popularity (Newtype's most popular character of the decade had Kira second, and Athrun third among males, and Cagalli first, and Lacus second among females) so I think the Japanese fandom would go see it in droves. The only thing holding back a sequel for Seed is Morosawa's health.

Keep in mind that Gundam Seed Destiny was really popular in Japan, and won the Anime Grand Prix (Animage's reader chosen anime of the year award) two years in a row.

As for Gunpla I think it was Seed Destiny that had the low sales because of all the reused mechas such as Zaku, and Gouf.
Strike Freedom Meister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:08 am Reply with quote
I bet we can safely speculate that it won't be another Universal Century story since we have Gundam Unicorn to finish up episodes 4 though 6. Seed is a possibility but I think that would sour North American sales as it would alienate UC fans & purists. Bandai Namco has to be aware that SEED isn't that popular outside Japan & they'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

If they want to get back to Western audiences as well as keep the Japanese audiences, then either a totally brand new series will be attempted. But any new series carries a significant risk & I don't know if they are willing to do that right now.

If they want to hit it big in the US & Western audiences, they'll go with Gundam Wing Frozen Teardrop or one of many of Gundam Wing's many side stories. I would love to see this happen.

If they want to score with Gundam fans internationally, it be nice if they finally re-did Double Zeta Gundam & make it a serious part II to Zeta Gundam. There's so much potential there to re-do Double Zeta as a serious compliment to Zeta. While the original Zeta Gundam isn't bad, it would be nice to give that series a proper mulligan. But I admit, that's highly unlikely since we have a UC story in progress.

Other stories that have not been animated yet such as Gundam Crossbone. But that would be another UC story & there's already one in the pipeline.

Seed maybe but I don't really want to hear all the complaints about that.

I really do hope this is not another Igloo project. Didn't do anything for me.

7 days of waiting. That's just torture.
TittiTuu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:16 am Reply with quote
It's a faint hope, but could it be an anime adaptation of Char's deleted affair?
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:44 am Reply with quote
hmm ideas for it

1.return of gundam seed series era besides there still movie they still yet to give us.

2.maybe new seed series like a prequel series in years before start of seed series to give more to get what happen in the past.

3.seed series spinoff like next generation (yea focus new generation characters with some of originals back but now older & more experience)

4.finally we get a main lead female protagonist gundam pilot tv series 50eps version besides we seen male side so many times & let a woman take the lead.

5.a gundam series version of DECADE & gokaiger yea come let it happen bring characters for all gundam world in same series in biggest crossover ever.

really these 5 things must happen to do list & besides really those also the things they have yet to do especially 4th & 5th idea (yea 1st to 3rd is more GS era yes save us GS era).
Banken

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:05 am Reply with quote
I'm going to go ahead and say it.... G GUNDAM SEQUEL.
fsunole90

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:52 am Reply with quote
I just hope the main character isnt someone whos godly but hates to fight and cries about it or a robotic personality like setsuna/heero. Id like to see a main char. that actually doesnt mind fighting or maybe enjoy it.
redranger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:01 am Reply with quote
Moar Gundam 00 please. I just hope this isn't some crap like ring of gundam.

Banken wrote:
I'm going to go ahead and say it.... G GUNDAM SEQUEL.

I wouldn't mind this.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:06 am Reply with quote
fsunole90 wrote:
I just hope the main character isnt someone whos godly but hates to fight and cries about it or a robotic personality like setsuna/heero. Id like to see a main char. that actually doesnt mind fighting or maybe enjoy it.

I would love this, when was the last time we got a character who wasn't the reluctant warrior god? Setsuna and Herro wanted to end war, Kira hated fighting and only did it because he was good at it, and in most Tomino series the guy just wanders into the cockpit.

Give me a guy who goes screaming into combat and enjoys piloting his giant robot.
sayami

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:25 am Reply with quote
TittiTuu wrote:
It's a faint hope, but could it be an anime adaptation of Char's deleted affair?
I would love to see that~

Maybe Gundam F91 full 50 episodes series...... hmmm?
sainta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:42 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
fsunole90 wrote:

I would love this, when was the last time we got a character who wasn't the reluctant warrior god? Setsuna and Herro wanted to end war, Kira hated fighting and only did it because he was good at it, and in most Tomino series the guy just wanders into the cockpit.

Give me a guy who goes screaming into combat and enjoys piloting his giant robot.

So a crazy killer? Anyway, how about Mobile Suit.... Gintama, wait no, better no
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:50 am Reply with quote
I'll just mention my hopes that one day we get a "fantasy Gundam". That would certainly be an interesting idea for a Gundam series, and it really seems like the only type of mech style Gundam hasn't tackled yet.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:08 am Reply with quote
sainta wrote:

So a crazy killer? Anyway, how about Mobile Suit.... Gintama, wait no, better no

Not necessarily a crazy killer but a guy more like a super robot pilot.
kgw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:15 am Reply with quote
treatment wrote:
I say,

they'll prolly have another new masked anti-hero.

this time, it'll be
<wait>
a girl...
Razz Twisted Evil

You mean, like Kyshiria (sp?) Zabi? Very Happy

EDIT: but I think the new series won't be UC -even if I want it- because they got it covered with Unicorn and I don't think they'll want new audiences to hook to it, and not wasting time and episodes explaining who were the bad guys, why they dress in green/black, why the hero hates them, etc.
Plus, the only "empty years" are told nothing really important happened, but the Federation crumbled (once again), some new baddie showed, etc.

The same goes for any G, W, S, or X sequel: to make "new heroes facing a new enemy in the same universe", it is more easier creating a "new universe".

Maybe they can try something new (at least since Turn): a series with just ONE Gundam. Geez, the more Gundams I see, the more I root for their enemies.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4