• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: New Gundam Work to Be Unveiled in June 13

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TopGunman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Why does everyone keep saying 'I want something new'?

Every Gundam universe series has been different and took on different aspects of war. Gundam Wing had 'pacifism', Gundam Seed had 'forcefully drafted civilians', Gundam 00 had 'war interventions'

What pattern aside from military dramas have they been repeating?
broken-serenity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I'd like them to remake the original mobile suit Gundam, but actually cover the whole 1 year war not just the parts with amuro ray and co as we've never really had a proper full on version of the 1 year war that properly covers the start through finish in a mature fashion from both sides with realistic protagonists, also maybe then we'd actually get to see why charr has such a notorious reputation....doubt thats ever gonna happen though so i guess anything that does something different from the tired "pretty boys fighting the badguys for some vaguely just reason" yet again(a female lead would be interesting if done properly) also im guessing no matter what they announce there wil be about a dosen new mobile suits aswell since they'll want to sell a ton of gunpla along side the show.
Lordziba

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:13 am Reply with quote
Hi everybody! I would like to throw my "5 cents" into discussion. First: Sick and tired of Gundam piloted by children! Perhaps, I do not know, Stardust War 0083 or so, maybe MSV Igloo. I want no nonsense military anime. Second: sick and tired orbital colonists -- Spacenoids against the Earthers, and surly new-types. I would like to see some other solar system, most like an Earth colony fighting the aliens using GM and Gundam suits. Actually, I wanted a war in a three way, two human factions and aliens in a middle. Third: in 00 Gundam, for god sake, it was what 24th century or so, and rotating sections of spaceships. I would like to see more high-tech.
Of course, this is a wishful thinking, and never happened knowing the Gundam history, although the "Awakening of the Traiblazer" for a first time are aliens (and I applaud this), so who knows!
bapplef

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:16 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I'd like to see a Gryps Conflict side story.

That would be cool
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:35 am Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:

Every Gundam universe series has been different and took on different aspects of war. Gundam Wing had 'pacifism', Gundam Seed had 'forcefully drafted civilians', Gundam 00 had 'war interventions'

The teenage pilots? The evil Earth Government force based off of the SS? The Char clone? The Relena Clone? That's just the ones you see in most Gundam series.
TopGunman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:33 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
TopGunman wrote:

The teenage pilots? The evil Earth Government force based off of the SS? The Char clone? The Relena Clone? That's just the ones you see in most Gundam series.

No Char or Relena clones in Gundam X (no, don't give me Tiffa, her role is way too different to relate her to Relena) and most of the pilots were adults in that series as well, same for Gundam 00, only one teenage pilot who happened to grow up into a young adult in season 2.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:15 am Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:
TopGunman wrote:

No Char or Relena clones in Gundam X (no, don't give me Tiffa, her role is way too different to relate her to Relena) and most of the pilots were adults in that series as well, same for Gundam 00, only one teenage pilot who happened to grow up into a young adult in season 2.

I wouldn't call Celestial Being's pilots adults, only Lockon really came off as an actual adult and I kind of need to have more than 1 series that aired more than 10 years ago to say that Gundam hasn't grown stale.
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:39 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:

The word "clone" is a term too many fans misuse and distort beyond all recognition. You can have two characters with different personalities and motivations, but if they happen to both be masked men that's a sign of unoriginality! And that's scratching the surface of this nonsense. Unfortunately Gunman the answer to your question is that quite a few people take on an attitude that says "I see this superficial similarity, therefore I'll think of it as a rip-off".
Myaow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy, this'll be the first new Gundam since I became a fan! I am excite.

Fingers crossed for a girl Gundam pilot!! Very Happy
Akuma_Blade

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:36 pm Reply with quote
My expectations:

-Gundam 00 3rd Season
Retcon of "A wakening of Trailblazer"

-Gundam SEED DESTINY sequel
Probably a OVA series and as another character's perspective

-Gundam F91 Sequel / Pre V Gundam Era series
A newly perspective for lately UC timeline

-Multi Universe Spinoff
Did you watch Kamen Rider Decade or play Kingdom Hearts?
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:42 am Reply with quote
A listing for the fourth volume of Gundam Unicorn would be nice...
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:43 am Reply with quote
EDIT: Double.

Last edited by luffypirate on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Banken

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:26 am Reply with quote
anime#13012

So much for an adult pilot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4