• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kill la Kill (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sajuukkhar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Dat spoiler[Inu fight]
Dat spoiler[Nonon fight]
Dat spoiler[Tsumugu]
Dat spoiler[Sensei]
Dose spoiler[transformations]
Dose spoiler[flashbacks]
Amazing episode
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Next fight on the schedule.
spoiler[Matoi vs Inumuta.]
That guy is quite an analyst.
This was a very surprising fight.
Guess we get a spoiler[double feature] in this episode ^^
spoiler[Jakuzure vs Matoi.
Rushing forward to a new and exciting fight.
Seems this one is much more difficult than one with Inumuta.]

Can't wait to see how it'll play out.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:37 pm Reply with quote
The hacker was smart spoiler[to surrender instead of losing and making Ryuuko even stronger.] Now Ryuuko can spoiler[fly].
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Uh oh. Senketsu is spoiler[evolving faster than expected.] Looks like Things Are Going To Happen next week. Can't wait.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Tbh, I am somewhat disappointed with spoiler[Houka this episode as I thought he would of at least fought to the finish but that's just him I guess. Nonon seems to be going all out though so I'll look forward to the conclusion of her fight with Ryuko.]

Great episode overall. That OST near the end of the episode is new I think as I've never heard of it before from this season so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 10:

Tbh, I am somewhat disappointed with spoiler[Houka this episode as I thought he would of at least fought to the finish but that's just him I guess. Nonon seems to be going all out though so I'll look forward to the conclusion of her fight with Ryuko.]

If he did that then he would spoiler[lose his data and Ryuuko would have gotten stronger.]
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 10:

I am pretty sure they spoiler[deliberately cut off any "finish" to her fight with him in order to make room for the quick shift to Nonon.] The already fast pacing picked up noticeably in the last few episodes, as I assume they are trying to race to tie up loose ends before the end of the first cour. I don't think I really like it to be honest. Ryuko's interactions with the elite 4 seem highly rushed and VERY formulaic. We get a little snippet intro to each of the elite 4 before she fights them, which is a by-the-numbers flash back to when they first met Satsuki. This formulaic approach seems a bit stale and contradictory to the show's otherwise unconventional "merits."

That being said, I was impressed withspoiler[ Nonon's symphony regalia.] It was pretty cool.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:46 am Reply with quote
Would it be wrong of me to say that Gamagoori X Mako would be a good pairing? Anime smile.

Not sure why but i just love their little interactions in this episode Laughing
Sajuukkhar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:14 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

Great episode overall. That OST near the end of the episode is new I think as I've never heard of it before from this season so far.

It is new, and isn't even on the OST releasing the 25th.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:39 am Reply with quote
Sajuukkhar wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

It is new, and isn't even on the OST releasing the 25th.

Wait how would you know if it's on the OST or not when it hasn't been released yet? o_O
Also there is a second OST in the first Vol so any leftovers will probably be there.
Sajuukkhar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:42 am Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Wait how would you know if it's on the OST or not when it hasn't been released yet? o_O

they released 30 second previews of every song on the OST.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:51 am Reply with quote
Sajuukkhar wrote:
leatherhead333 wrote:

they released 30 second previews of every song on the OST.
Apparently you aren't familiar with Hiroyuki Sawano's work because previews really mean nothing when it comes to him. It's not uncommon for him to fit 2 or 3 songs into one track. That's what he did with attack on titan. All his songs generally range from 4-7 minutes long so judging from a 30 second preview alone isn't exactly a wise thing to do.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrgWcDejGho
Sajuukkhar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:02 am Reply with quote
Ok well, it doesn't sound like anything on the released parts of the OST then.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:32 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

I have indeed been quite harsh on this series, and indeed I was groaning a little bit as I watching this. That is only at the beginning as this episode was awesome.

One of my big favourite parts of the episode was that Ryuko was actually spoiler[genre savy enough to know exactly how to fight Houka]. All to often in these types of shows fights get spoiler[drawn out before the character figures out that they have to do different from how they normally fight]. But straight away Ryuko has spoiler[strategies and wins by being unpredictable.]

And this meant we were able to get spoiler[past the tired old battle by analysis and move onto Nonon], which I am sure a number of us wanted to see. And the music was really great, I was admiring some of the standard cool music, but as it was spoiler[used with the band and all] was just really good. I like when music is used effectively in a fight.

If I had to complain at all, then it would be that I thought spoiler[the flying mode] was a bit of an ass-pull, and I did take some notice that some scenes of talking don't even have sine mouth flaps. But the parts with Mako and Gamagoori on the side bench were quite humorous, I actually like both of those characters, a mix of manly spirit and comic relief. And yes Mako does have some manly spirit as Gamagoori is a little comic.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:39 am Reply with quote
It's not really an azz pull any more that Matoi keeps getting new transformations. The teacher already expressed his concern that her uniform was evolving to quickly so there must be a reason for it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 25 of 60