• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kill la Kill (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Lastly as has been stated already you were being uncivil by being rude and belligerent. As you are continuing to do so now.

I don't appreciate this. Disagreeing with someone does not make one "rude and belligerent." I'm just tired of the ad hominem stuff constantly being thrown around. If there is an issue with something specific that I say, it would be a lot better if someone would say "Hey, this particular thing you said here, you shouldn't say that. It's rude." When people just throw around generic claims of incivility against everyone I just don't think it helps. For example, if you take issue with some sarcasm that I put in my post responding to Akane, you could say "Sarcasm isn't allowed" and then I could say, "okay, I won't use sarcasm anymore."

And I have no problems with talking about the topic, but when you keep responding with new accusations of incivility then I think you are just keeping that going.

HaruhiToy wrote:
Any of you guys think it is easy to moderate a highly active and diverse forum like this one is invited to try it sometime. I have and don't care to go into it again.

Also, I figured I should acknowledge the truth of what HaruhiToy says here. It's true that it is a difficult task and you have to deal with a lot of egos. I understand that and respect it. I would just prefer not to be called names when I really don't think it's justified. Really, that's the primary reason I have been complaining.
Galap

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
What are we trying to do? Win points? Extract validation of our own beliefs from others? It feels like learning or understanding anything interesting and instructive is being subsumed into conflict.

If nothing else, I’m just not sure that the argument is about what it appears or claims to be about.

This here is probably the most on-the-nose thing that's been posted in this recent thread revival. What do you guys hope to accomplish here? This started out as a discussion, but things turned ugly pretty quickly. I agree that this argument isn't really about what it claims to be about: it seems to me to be an eruption of the same age-old pent up ire we've had on here since before I've even joined, and this thread and this discussion is just the form it chose to take on today.

As moderators, it's our job to reel things in before things get to the point where the floodgates really open. I'm tired of seeing manifestations of this same fight day in and day out, but I think that since the concepts that form its basis aren't going away anytime soon, the best I can do is knock things down when they get too rowdy. It's OK to disagree, but don't be rude, and don't be intellectually dishonest (for the record, I think this second one is by far the bigger lesson from today).

If you guys have issues with the nature of the site rules, management, and their enforcement, you can raise those issues civilly in the ANN Feedback forum. I think some of your concerns with these things may have some validity, but you're not bringing them up in a very constructive way. "What are we trying to do?" improve the state of affairs, or just have a fight?

P.S.: The ad-hominem attacks stop now.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:47 am Reply with quote
...So, not a single person here is watching this show on Toonami, it seems. A shame. A lot surprisingly made it past Williams Street's S&P, for one thing. Also, it's fun to see the VAs live-tweet and interact with the fans. There's a whole lot to dredge through, but here's a recent Twitter exchange worth noting, given where Toonami is at right now:

Stephanie Sheh @stephaniesheh · 4h
Anyone lose a pair of scissors?

Erica Mendez @tsunderica · 3h
@stephaniesheh >:(

Sarah Anne Williams @SarahAnneWillia · 2h
@tsunderica @stephaniesheh Awkward.....
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Anime Marathon Discussion (Nov. 6th, 2015 - Nov. 15th, 2015)

Spoilers Reminder for Marathon Discussion: Tag all spoilers within your post(s) and record the episode number(s) you're discussing at the top of your post.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 60 of 60