• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Theater List [2006-07-25]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luverne

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised to see no California showings. o_o If they're gonna pick odd places to show it they should pick Sacramento. :3 But of course that would never happen because even though it's the state capital, they never have any of the cool things here. Sad

I think they should just release it in all theaters instead of "selected theaters". Sure it might cost them more money but less people would be complaining then. Smile

And it is kind of odd that the movie's coming out before all of the dvds come out. That's the only way I can keep up with the anime... It would all be spoiled for me (not that I haven't already had most of it spoiled! Mad ).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:20 pm Reply with quote
luverne wrote:
And it is kind of odd that the movie's coming out before all of the dvds come out. That's the only way I can keep up with the anime... It would all be spoiled for me (not that I haven't already had most of it spoiled! Mad ).

Most people finished watching FMA on Adult swim sometime ago, so that probably the reason for the release date. I originally watched the series sub, but have been watching dub on the DVDs as they are being released. If your watching the TV series on DVD the movie dvd is coming out the same day that the final volume is released.

It's doesn't really make up for not being able to see it in theaters but at least you don't have to wait months after to see the movie on DVD. BTW I saw the movie at AX and it was amazing I can't wait.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:22 pm Reply with quote
luverne wrote:

I think they should just release it in all theaters instead of "selected theaters". Sure it might cost them more money but less people would be complaining then. :)

Uhh... wide releases cost any studio tens of millions of dollars for prints and advertising alone.

Fullmetal Alchemist is very popular by anime on cable standards, but it is nowhere near mainstream enough to make back the P&A cost for a wide release at the box office, in addition to whatever costs Funimation incurred licensing, translating, and dubbing the film.

A moderately-sized niche market of anime fans would be happy with a wide release, but Navarre shareholders most certainly would not be too happy at FUNi at what would be effectively FUNi burning a large pile of money.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
biliano

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:35 pm Reply with quote
LuzAzul wrote:
Go check now, it's up again. Wink

Yes it is, and there are still no Ohio cities listed. Anime cry
I_AM_L

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:41 am Reply with quote
i hope we get a dvd.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:16 pm Reply with quote
I_AM_L wrote:
i hope we get a dvd.

We are getting a DVD release of this movie, check the encyclopedia.

http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/releases.php?id=7144

That for the normal edition, there is also a Limited edition one that comes out the same day but of course it's going to cost you a very pretty penny.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
biliano

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
I_AM_L wrote:
i hope we get a dvd.

We are getting a DVD release of this movie, check the encyclopedia.

http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/releases.php?id=7144

That for the normal edition, there is also a Limited edition one that comes out the same day but of course it's going to cost you a very pretty penny.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral

ANN might want to change their information on the Releases page. According to TRSI, the street date for the Fullmetal Alchemist movie is September 12, not September 26. It will street the same time as FMA Vol. #13. FMA Vol. #12 comes out on September 5.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:46 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
ANN might want to change their information on the Releases page. According to TRSI, the street date for the Fullmetal Alchemist movie is September 12, not September 26. It will street the same time as FMA Vol. #13. FMA Vol. #12 comes out on September 5.

The final volume of FMA (According to ANN release page) is still the 26. Also I just check my Rightstuf ordering information and here what it say in regards to FMA movie.
Quote:

Quantity Item Number Description Price Status
1 fun08173 Fullmetal Alchemist: The Movie DVD (Hyb) Limited E 26.99 On Order From Manufacturer
Date Available - Sep 26 2006

I am still thinking it's coming out on the 26, but either way I will be happy when it shows up. I just knew it came out on the 26 because it's the same day that my Trinity blood box is suppose to be shipped.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:17 pm Reply with quote
WTF is this?! Six locations in North Carolina?! SIX?!! And the 4 in Tennessee?!! Honestly, what's wrong with these people? I don't care if it's because they all belong to one chain of theatres. Thanks to them I have to hitch a ride to the "THE IMAGINASIAN" theatre on East 59th street in NY from here in Jersey. And what's the deal with them playing it only at three times over the span of two days?! It says "TBD" for the NY theatre, so I can hope for more times for that particular theatre.
TheVileOne

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:52 am Reply with quote
achiarel wrote:
Here's the even weirder part. All the Texas locations are not even close to a major city. Tyler is about 2 hours from Dallas and Abilene is about 8 hours. What makes this even stranger is that the the Funimation studio is in Fort Worth which is about 20 minutes from Dallas and a sizable city in itself.

Well here's one:

Quote:
ALAMO DRAFTHOUSE CINEMA
Austin, TX Alamo South Lamar 1120 South Lamar
Austin, TX 78704
Movie Listings: 512-476-1320 Sept. 5, 2006 at 9:45pm

That is the capital and where I went to college.

Lance Heiskell if you are reading this, ALAMO DRAFTHOUSE HOUSTON! MAKE IT SO! Please at least try and get 1 Houston location in there. I'm begging you.

Some of the theatre locations are somewhat puzzling and ponderous. I hope Funimation knows what they are doing.

Abilene and Tyler really don't seem like ideal locations for the FMA movie.
I_AM_L

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:44 am Reply with quote
After what chapter should I see the movie? Or should I read them all first?
TheVileOne

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:59 am Reply with quote
I_AM_L wrote:

The movie and manga chapters are separate continuities. Separate universes.'

You see the movie after watching the 51 episodes of the series.
TheVileOne

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:00 am Reply with quote
I_AM_L wrote:

The movie and manga chapters are separate continuities. Separate universes.'

You see the movie after watching the 51 episodes of the series.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:08 pm Reply with quote
I_AM_L wrote:

None the anime breaks away from the manga sometime around the greed arc...As for the movie it's not like one of the Naruto, or Lupin movies where they can basically be watched at anytime.

The movie is directed sequel to the events that occur at the end of the anime, to see this movie without seeing the ending of the anime would be pretty damn confusing in my opinion.....But damn I love this movie it was so much fun.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
TheVileOne

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:26 pm Reply with quote
The movie was great. Glad to find someone else that liked it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4