• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Today in Class 5-2

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hentai4me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Ok yes I've started downloading, but as always I'll buy it when it becomes available.

Right, I've seen the first two episodes (the encyclopedia entry says 5 episodes...but there are 5 mini eps per actual ep so I'm confused) and I personally thought them to be hilarious. The animation style is reminiscent of AzuDai(also great) and I really like that. The characters are really quite cute but not in a 'sexy' way more a general 'Ahhh' factor which is another plus. I'm not really sure where I am going with this topic actually... One of the plus points is that, while exaggerated, some of the events are decidedly plausible rather than all of them being utterly inexplicable and this makes it all the funnier. Oh and I can relate to Aihara; even now I love to chew on anything and everything, and it feels really good to do it too1 (I had a childs plastic chew toy at the age of 18...I wouldn't go to Uni without it...)

So essentially I'm wondering if anyoone else has seen this little gem of a series and what the thought of it. Also if you've not seen it and are willing to download then I suggest you do if you like comedies in the style of AzuDai with echhi (ecchi?). Plus the theme song itself is worth it.
Pleroma

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Seen the two episodes and read the whole (pretty short) manga as well. Love it to bits, but its a hell of a lot less innocent than azumanga, hell this is the most loliliciously suggestive non-H anime I have seen in a while. Overall I would say the humor works very well as does the fanservice, its pretty much a dead on adaptation of the manga so complaints there either.

I am also pretty sure that there is more as they have not yet covered all the material in the manga, not that it actually goes anywhere beyond its slice-of-life echhi. I do reccomend you check the manga out as well.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:33 pm Reply with quote
I like it the part were the guys get cought looking at the swimsuit mag reminded me when I was that age.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:15 pm Reply with quote
To quote the fansub group's site:

Quote:
This is about a bunch of fifth graders and their, well, not so fifth-grade-like lives. I mean, the sexual tensions are unbearable. Ryota is such a lucky stud. I wonder why my fifth grade wasn't like that. There's a character whose hair color was completely not what I had expected, but oh well. Anyway, there are five episodes in all, and if the producers follow the manga like they did quite nicely, it'll be a good show. Just don't watch this in public, though, or else you'll be looked at strangely. Even worse, the cops would probably give you a citation. I'm serious. This is borderline child smut. But oh, it is fabulous.

Oh god, when I read that I was laughing SO hard. It's so true though Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
W3b3r

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:18 am Reply with quote
Any preference for fansub group?
hentai4me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:43 am Reply with quote
W3b3r wrote:

I don't think we can tell you that on here. Check the sticky up top.

Quote:
hell this is the most loliliciously suggestive non-H anime I have seen in a while.

yes suggestive, but I don't see the characters as particularly 'sexual' just what they do. Which I think makes the suggestive nature work better, if the character designs were obviously done to incite then the situations would be far more obvious which would detract from the humour. see none of them are particularly 'sexed up' designs:-

[img]http://world-art.ru/image_convert.php?id=5676&type=animation&pack=6000[/img]
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:52 am Reply with quote
Pleroma wrote:
the most loliliciously suggestive non-H anime I have seen in a while.

Probably shouldn't be saying this, but I won't deny that it's true. Right after I read that sentence, I started downloading this... Oh yes, I'm a bad person.

hentai4me wrote:
W3b3r wrote:

I don't think we can tell you that on here. Check the sticky up top.

I actually don't think that's technically against that rules. It just relates to asking for or giving links to downloads, not talking about them or the quality of the groups that sub them. Still, it's probably something I would avoid talking about here.
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:06 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
Pleroma wrote:
the most loliliciously suggestive non-H anime I have seen in a while.

Probably shouldn't be saying this, but I won't deny that it's true. Right after I read that sentence, I started downloading this... Oh yes, I'm a bad person.

It's true, I too feel like a bad person from watching and really enjoying this anime. Then again, I could just be some perverted 20 year-old college male with his mind in the gutter... but I still feel dirty for liking this. Is this one of those things they call a 'guilty pleasure'?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
W3b3r

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:45 am Reply with quote
I also began downloading within 10 minutes of reading this... I'm so ashamed... Sad very guilty pleasure... Oh well i spose we all need to tend to our human impulses once in a while. As Mouse from The Matrix says "To deny our impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human".
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:50 am Reply with quote
EDIT: ... deleted for being a retard.

Last edited by selenta on Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:36 am Reply with quote
According to a bunch of fansub groups and that fansub site everyone knows about, the entire series is only two episodes long with 5 mini ones in each episode. And as for the first episode I saw, let's just say I thought Shakugan no Shana would make a pedo out of me, but this takes the cake! Laughing

This is such an amusing guilty pleasure and watching it with a group of people will probably lead to a disturbing amount of laughter. I wonder if having an exposed collerbone would be the next fetish. Rolling Eyes Embarassed
cyrax777

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:57 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I thought Shakugan no Shana would make a pedo out of me, but this takes the cake! Laughing

This is such an amusing guilty pleasure and watching it with a group of people will probably lead to a disturbing amount of laughter. I wonder if having an exposed collerbone would be the next fetish. Rolling Eyes Embarassed
but" ZOMG SHANA IS HOT!" as the meme goes

i dont know the site I saw said 5 eps total and so did the encyclopedia here.
woudlt be the first time fansubbers got stuff wrong.

now to be a true pervert youd have to run out and by a super ball after watching this.
Laughing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Pleroma

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Lol, yeah I too quicly downloaded the Manga after seeing a couple of suggestive pages at 4chan. I do hope the fansubbers got it wrong, two 30 minute episodes doesn't really cut it.

Quote:
It's true, I too feel like a bad person from watching and really enjoying this anime. Then again, I could just be some perverted 20 year-old college male with his mind in the gutter... but I still feel dirty for liking this. Is this one of those things they call a 'guilty pleasure'?

Well, that IS exactly the demographic stuff like this is aimed at, oddly however I've always felt more like a dirty old man when watching the much tamer Ichigo Mashimaro than this. Confused

Quote:

wonder if having an exposed collerbone would be the next fetish

You know, I always DID think it was hot.
hentai4me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Pleroma wrote:
Lol, yeah I too quicly downloaded the Manga after seeing a couple of suggestive pages at 4chan. I do hope the fansubbers got it wrong, two 30 minute episodes doesn't really cut it.

Quote:

Well, that IS exactly the demographic stuff like this is aimed at, oddly however I've always felt more like a dirty old man when watching the much tamer Ichigo Mashimaro than this. Confused

Quote:

wonder if having an exposed collerbone would be the next fetish

You know, I always DID think it was hot.

Well it's not the collarbone but I've always had a thing for necks...people are wierd...

I do hope it IS five episodes each of five shorts as that way there's more to come Cool
W3b3r

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:11 am Reply with quote
Zac's just done an answerman column that highlights this show. Probably not in a very good light though...

Here it is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2