• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Today in Class 5-2

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pleroma

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:49 am Reply with quote
Lol, to be fair, that particular fansub group has always been quite hmm colorful when addressing leechers. I remember smilar comments back when they did Nanoha.
TAKAVAR

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:52 am Reply with quote
I downloaded the first episode randomly.
Naaah, i just don't like the tone of this anime, yea its funny, but there are tons other funny anime that i can watch and have echii theme but don't involve any children, i'll watch them and i wont end up with this freaking sense of guilt after watching !
hentai4me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:57 am Reply with quote
TAKAVAR wrote:
I downloaded the first episode randomly.
Naaah, i just don't like the tone of this anime, yea its funny, but there are tons other funny anime that i can watch and have echii theme but don't involve any children, i'll watch them and i wont end up with this freaking sense of guilt after watching !

But doesn't having that sense of guilt tell you that you know it is wrong but you enjoy it anyway? By knowing it's wrong you'd never go out and do it now would you? (unless you're one of the wierd people...)
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:03 pm Reply with quote
You know, if they had been declared as 15 years old from the start as opposed to 11 or so, much of this conversation wouldn't be happening right now. I mean, there's really no way to simply tell from the character designs that they're only in the 5th grade...

Oh, and studio which produced this title, Shinkuukan, has only produced two others, both of which are hentai (One being Sex Friends).
Pleroma

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow didn't know that, sex friend is my favorite hentai, no wonder, these guys are pretty good.
djarch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Isn't it simply possible that the anime itself is good, while having a terrible theme? Does that make it a guilty pleasure? As long as it's not the child-factor that makes you enjoy it...

However, IMHO, I wouldn't touch the stuff.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:17 pm Reply with quote
When I scrol through this thread, I see a lot of asking about fansub groups and people being shameless braggarts about downloading something (oooh, you're SO COOL! Rolling Eyes ).

Watch it. You're walking along a dangerous ledge.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Eh, when I got the first ep (several months ago) I was just rolling on the floor, then I got my bro, our roommate, and two other friends to watch it, and of course they're all laughing as well. The whole loli/pedo thing with this anime doesn't really bother me because that's what a lot of the girl look like around here. Seriously, a lot of the guys are 5 ft 10in + and the girls are usually 5 ft 3in or lower, not to mention the freshmen at my highschool, one of the guys is smaller than his locker (and the lockers are really small) and there are also several girls that look like they belong in the 3rd grade. That being said, this doesn't turn me on, rather I just find it humourous and the situations are very plausible, just not very likely to happen. I've been waiting for the 3rd ep and plan on buying this if there is ever a subbed release.

On that note, my bro is probably going to Japan sometimes next year due to his job (he manages a website for car parts, mostly bodykits) so hopefully he'll bring back so souveniers (sp?) if I'm not able to go.....lucky bastard ><
W3b3r

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:59 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
When I scrol through this thread, I see a lot of asking about fansub groups and people being shameless braggarts about downloading something (oooh, you're SO COOL! Rolling Eyes ).

Watch it. You're walking along a dangerous ledge.

Sorry about asking for a fansub group. I did not know it was against teh rules. Also, referring to downloading the series, it was just us expressing that we were obtaining and enjoying the series. Should we have said "I have just obtained this series and it's pretty good"? I am not trying to be condascending, I would just like to know so that next time I do not infringe on teh rules.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2