• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 4Kids TV Sticks with Fox

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:06 am Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
Fuka Narutaki wrote:
Dispite YuGiOh breaking a record for most sold cards around the world,

Magic: the Gathering would beg to differ.

Wait Magic the gathering is big overseas?

I have Magic Cards stuck somewhere under my boxes of BOME figurines in my closet from Japan (An Artist Proof Shapeshifter from the artist if memory serves me correct), China, and Italy.

Also see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic:_the_gathering
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:55 am Reply with quote
So does anyone know if One Piece is continuing, and if so, is it returning to saturday mornings is it remaining Toonami exclusive?
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:40 am Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
So, if all this is going on Fox, what's going on the CW?

Not a thing, their new Saturday morning lineup has no anime on it at all.

Wyvern wrote:
So does anyone know if One Piece is continuing, and if so, is it returning to saturday mornings is it remaining Toonami exclusive?

So far it's still exclusive to Toonami though they've started showing repeats again.

At this point if they were to start showing on Fox again it would be repeats that likely wouldn't do so well.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:47 pm Reply with quote
lledra wrote:
so, are they still dobbing One Piece? I thought that they had stopped. Or maybe it was only hope.

4Kids has already begun work on Skypiea, and they've [apparently] used footage from as far foreward as the "Davy Black Fight". Ergo, it's reasonable to assume 4Kids will not skip Skypiea and they might even go as far as Water 7. By the time 4Kids reaches the DBF in November 2007, Viz will be concluding the Drum arc and will start Arabasta.

lledra wrote:

I don't hate everything 4Kids, I believed they did a good job with Pokemon. I, along with others,I believe, really just have a problem with what they end up doing to alot of their anime.

I think you're overgeneralizing. Name one series other than One Piece that was made poor by the 4Kids dub. Most of their projects are equivalent to the Japanese or, in the cases of a poor show (such as Fighting Foodons), superior.

lledra wrote:

If they just put out un-edited dvds, I really wouldnt care what the television was made into... *sigh*

It's not that easy. Viz basically dubs for DVD and then cuts down the show to be appropriate for television. 4Kids does the opposite; they dub for television then put what they dub on a DVD.

Frankly, it's almost a misnomer to call the "unedited" 4Kids DVDs "uncut", as they are essentially a different show altogether.

lledra wrote:

Although, I am so going to buy the 1st season [unedited] of Pokemon. Such good memories.

...wait. There's an unedited first season, it's being released on DVD, and it's available? Where can I find this?
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Malintex Terek wrote:

It's not that easy. Viz basically dubs for DVD and then cuts down the show to be appropriate for television. 4Kids does the opposite; they dub for television then put what they dub on a DVD.

Frankly, it's almost a misnomer to call the "unedited" 4Kids DVDs "uncut", as they are essentially a different show altogether.

Actually, Viz do not dub anything related to One Piece. Viz simply have a contract which allows them to put out the 4kids version of One Piece. They have not been able to secure a contract to get the uncut version of One Piece, but then again there's no gaurantee 4Kids has even made any materials for Viz to even use (Viz are, afterall, just a distributor).

Regardless of who or what, One Piece uncut is entirely possible and probably, it's just either 4Kids, Toei, or a mixture of both, prevent it from coming forth.

lledra wrote:
...wait. There's an unedited first season, it's being released on DVD, and it's available? Where can I find this?

You can't, I think she might have been mistaken.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3