• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Golden Time (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clarste

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:41 pm Reply with quote
I agree that those descriptions are usually pretty misleading. It's one thing to tell you what shows up in the anime, but they often fail to properly contextualize it and it just gives people weird expectations. Better to just let the show take you were it wants to go. You're always free to drop it at any point, after all.
JustinGallimore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Most likely I won't be dropping this show because I can fully relate to it, I'm in college and I had a day similar to the main character of the show. Actually, I think its going to be fun watching this show after the disappointment of the summer season........
Bango

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:55 pm Reply with quote
I severely lament not having the original ANN descriptions for Dokuro-chan or Crime Edge. Those were hilarious. I wonder if there's a way to pull them from some history or something. If you find a way then do it. It's well worth it. I seem to remember it was either Mahou Yuugi or Ryofuko-chan that also had a horrid one on here pre-airing.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:17 am Reply with quote
Well, Yui Horie, Fumihiko Shimo and amnesia all cross paths once again. And that "supernatural" tag doesn't really fill me with hope.

And it's animated by JC Staff instead of Kyoto animation? It deja vu all over again ... again.

This has one from a "really interested in" title to "Hey, isn't it already on my shelf?" title. I was hoping for more of a "second love" story where the girl's already in a relationship. If you can't mine that for enough drama...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:22 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Wait! We have a series where the main heroine starts of liking another guy? Well J.C. Staff did have Toradora..... and this is the same author?

The big problem for me with this series straight away is the name. You see, when I read the title I automatically think of Golden Gaytime; an ice-cream in Australia.

But compared to many J.C. anime this was for the most part more mature and less wacky, something probably attributed to the college setting, but also makes it feel rather lukewarm. And then there were some mixed messages when the recruitment thing had a rather different tone. I like the characters so far, but I kind of hope that the one guy does not stay such a victim with being thought as a tsundere by his stalker, and that the spoiler[amnesia] thing does not ruin it. I want the little one.

I am interested in a story where the guy will try to woo the girl and knock her out of her crazy obsession.
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:30 am Reply with quote
I'm very curious to see how the MC will sway the girl's feelings (since the OP makes it plainly obvious). I hope it doesn't turn out to be a contrived reason. She seems totally obsessed with her long-time friend at the moment.
Merida

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am Reply with quote
Wow, it's rare that a first ep. instantly makes me dislike all of the main characters...might give this another try if somebody can convince me that it gets considerably better later, but for now it's on-indefinite-hold.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Bango

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:19 pm Reply with quote
That was fairly fast, extremely unexpected and certainly confusing.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:30 am Reply with quote
Well, this anime sure seems different.
Mitsuo definitely has some serious girl problems.
Koko looks like an interesting character ^^"
I truly feel sorry for Mitsuo... T-T
I might give this a few more episodes.
So far it looks relaxing and fun.
casualfan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Ok first episode. I'm surprised that the female lead has a crush on someone other than the male lead. It makes me curious if there is some sort of twist here. Aside from that this show feels like a generic light-hearted drama.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:18 am Reply with quote
Second best first episode of the new season for me. Came in knowing nothing about the story and was drawn in immediately. Pleasantly surprised.
Minimimiau

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:19 am Reply with quote
I saw the preview of this anime and looks interesting but... Dman, I dont have the premium accsess on CR. I have to wait a week until I can watch the first episode
Bango

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:41 am Reply with quote
If you're stuck waiting a week then I'd say make avoiding spoilers your top priority. It just seems like one of those types of shows. People here are generally good with the spoiler button, but a lot of times stuff a week old doesn't get spoiler tagged.

I thought the whole bridge scene was actually spoiler[a flashback since he'd just previously avoided a call from the hospital. I didn't know he was actually getting amnesia from it. Kind of sad since, in comparison, I didn't know the plot of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien before watching the anime so Haruka's accident was totally one of the biggest surprises to me. But I couldn't have gotten mad over spoilerage had somebody told me because it's clearly the advertised plot of the show.]

Sometimes I think it might be better for them to hide some of the intended plot. In anime "the main girl starts off liking another dude." is enough of a plot hook to pull people in without needing other stuff.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:42 am Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
My favorite part was definitely the flower beat down. ... Everything else was kind of meh.

Whether the pubic assault was the best scene or not it really put me off the marquee female character. A girl who would do that to a guy should definitely be run away from, rejected, and in the best of possible worlds be arrested. How would everyone feel if the male lead did that to a female character?

I see a lot of potential here -- here's to hoping they don't waste it.

P.S. Speaking as a gaijin I am glad to see that even Japanese people who can read all the signs can get the wrong train/station/station exit in Tokyo.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 22