• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Golden Time (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meiam

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Even if the ghost is still just a metaphor, the fact that he has knowledge of what happened when he was just a "ghost" still push it in the realm of supernatural. One of the telltale sign of split personality is memory loss when personality switch.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:24 pm Reply with quote
But if it's temporary amnesia, when he remembers the past, he doesn't immediately forget everything that's happened since. I guess. I don't think I'm going to think too deeply on the actual medical reality of it.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
HaruhiToy Koko is certainly capable of all sorts of damage. Remember how she treated Chinami when she first met her? Heck, she was introduced beating a guy with roses!

She has an abusive personality and is very skilled at using words to hurt others. The minute Banri dare break her heart, she'll explode and it won't be pretty.

Not necessarily. She has grown considerably in her effort to get over Mitsuo. Or did you miss the fact that once Mitsuo made it absolutely clear her abusiveness has almost completely receded and it isn't just self restraint. She just doesn't have the motive anymore. Things are quite different now for her than when she showed up with those roses.

The story so far has shown that prior to her hooking up with Tada she had never even contemplated life without her fixation with Mitsuo. We don't know what made her that way (it is probably not important) but the change is real.

It remains to be seen if Tada and Koko will remain together. After all he still has issues with Linda and she still is obviously not over Mitsuo. In the best of all worlds each of them will help the other realize what it is they truly want whether that is each other or someone else. If so they will remain friends and their breakup might be tearful but not violent.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:46 pm Reply with quote
^
Her abusiveness has subsided for the moment but the crazy is still very much there.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:15 am Reply with quote
Yeah, for all Koko's change, she was still pretty nasty to Chinami in the amusement park. People don't change in a day, and most change takes two steps forward and one step back for a few cycles before it takes hold.

As for her supposed character inconsistency, it has been shown that Koko tends to get extremely depressed over uncertainty in her relationships. People with codependency issues tend to be clingy, depressive, and quick to anger as well as self blame.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Nana-senpai is quickly becoming one of my favourite characters. I love snarly rocker chicks. Banri should definitely tap that action.

Kind of a dull episode in that not much changed or advanced. I've gotten used to a faster pace from this show. Oh well, they can't all be sizzlers, I guess.

So when Banri and Koko were talking aboutspoiler[ "going to the beach - just the two of us" they weren't just talking about going to the beach,] were they, he asks innocently.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10:

An okay episode I guess but certainly not one of the best so far. Not much happened and I originally thought there would be a major drama between Linda and Kouko when the latter arrived. I think part of her is definitely insecure though so it wasn't entirely a joke as she calls on it. Well, she did mention that she was concerned a bit.

And ahh yes, Nana <3. I love her from this show! I hope she gets more screen time in the future.

It sounds like next week's episode will likely be a spoiler[beach episode]. I wonder how it will go~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:06 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

Banri with spoiler[a fever was] hilarious when he started making spoiler[comments about Nana]. His train spoiler[of thought was really messed up, and it seemed to be that some of the feelings of old Banri was transferring to him and he did not know what he wanted anymore]. He was happy just spoiler[to be around Linda, and his feverish mind felt Kouko start to slip away]. But he seemed better when she spoiler[came, and agreed to go on a trip with Kouko], something about not spoiler[needing to go to Paris]. Wink Looks in my opinion that Kouko is also a little upset because she might be spoiler[acting as a wedge between him and Linda, especially if she is the one that took the photo].

On other news, lol at the acting at spoiler[Kouko not trying accuse him of cheating], and the guys spoiler[playing the hopeful brides].
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:10 pm Reply with quote
As I wrote before, Koko has changed. If Tada ends up hurting her she doesn't deserve it. I like how they let her little too-rough-edged joke fall flat like it should have.

Just out of coincidence I have been watching Nana the original animation since I got the first three DVD box sets ages ago and they have been on the shelf ever since. I've paused watching it about Epsode 32 or so because of shoujo overload and all the weepy shit that goes on about then.

Anyway the musician Nana is a great character but the original is actually a much softer personality than GT's Nana. Still I wish this Nana had a bigger role. And it would be a hoot to add in Nana-Hachiko.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:15 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Just out of coincidence I have been watching Nana the original animation since I got the first three DVD box sets ages ago and they have been on the shelf ever since. I've paused watching it about Epsode 32 or so because of shoujo overload and all the weepy shit that goes on about then.

I wouldn't call NANA shoujo, it's more Josei, (like Natsuyuki Rendezvous) and true to those roots, it revels in it's worst soapy tendencies. I personally felt physically sick by the end of NANA... The point you left off is probably at the worst single event that happens but in some other ways it actually gets worse... the only characters who get any sort of possible positive closure are the minor characters who manage to get out of their sphere of influence (spoiler[Shoji and his girlfriend])... for everyone else they're left with a devastating time-skip and in various stages of miserable, waiting for a sequel that will never come.

I don't see this turning out nearly as dire and as soapy... but I did just look it up on Wikipedia and discovered a similarity that I don't like... Apparently the novels are still ongoing... so this is probably going to end at least somewhat open ended. Unless they pull the same trick as Toradora, and end the anime in generally the same way as the final novel, whose publication came out right around the same time as the end of the anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

Oh wow, this episode was hilarious! I thought it would of been a beach episode but instead we get spoiler[cosplays in the second half. Haha, Tada Banri reminds me of cross dressing Hayate from Hayate the Combat Butler. Nana looks hot in that devil outfit imo. Linda looks nice too but I had to face palm at Mitsuo LOL.]

spoiler[Poor Kouko though, she doesn't know about Banri working during the weekends. I think she might find out soon though next episode. And speaking of the PV, I see some hot action going on between Linda and Tada Banri at the party.] Should be fun.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Miss Monochrome sighting in the club. So Banri and Kouko are excited about their sexy time but still call each other by their last names.
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:37 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Miss Monochrome sighting in the club.

Hey, yeah I noticed that too (I'm still watching the actual series). I should also ruin the joke by noting that Yui Horie (Koko's seiyuu) plays Miss Monochrome.

Anyway, last week didn't impress me, but this one was a blast, particularly the latter half with spoiler[maid Banri], spoiler[gigolo Mitsuo], and spoiler[devil twins Nana and (of all people) Linda]. Too bad spoiler[Koko's calls are being lost] in the hysterical mess, which appears to be continuing into next week.

Also, what would "Miss Ultrasonic" really think of all this????
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
meiam

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:04 am Reply with quote
Hehe, spoiler[Banri talking about accepting himself dressed like a girl next to a guy holding some underwear's and telling him to get changed. Could we see a new unexpected member in the Banri love triangle.] jk jk
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:26 am Reply with quote
On the subject of Koko's evolution.

I find it somehow oddly endearing how she seems perfectly self aware of her own personality defect that causes her to adopt stalker behaviors. She even used that word to describe herself.

However, as clingy as she is I still believe she is past the point where she will sneak into the back door to boil the bunny. She's a good girl but she has a long way to go and she needs some help.

And Tada is not helping. First big mistake is he is over indulging her. He definitely should have pushed back on the ghastly parts of her monologue in the coffee shop.

Second bigger mistake is he is now lying to her. If he is going to take a job grow a pair and tell her. After all he is doing it for her and she shouldn't be in a position to tell him he can't in the first place. Instead he has bought himself the worst of both worlds where is going to get caught obviously and he is going to fully validate her possessiveness.

Of course Tada is not very experienced and it seems he hasn't really grown out of his tendency to be passive in these situations.

Whomever wrote this put a lot of thought into it and it is turning out to be worth watching. At this point I can't call it how it will come out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 22