• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Strike the Blood (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:05 pm Reply with quote
any bets that Naksuki calling Sasasaki spoiler[a mutt] should be taken literately?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Such an uncommon insult spoiler[can only have a basis in truth here I think. Also I wouldn't be surprised if more if not all of the staff at the school were abnormal.]

Key wrote:
Well, that was an interesting plot twist at the end of ep 13, wasn't it? Really curious to see where the series is going with this.

I vote for spoiler[Yuma needing his power to take on those two other witches.] Though from the spoiler[temperaments of his familiars I kinda doubt they would co-operate with the hijacker.]
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
I vote for spoiler[Yuma needing his power to take on those two other witches.] Though from the spoiler[temperaments of his familiars I kinda doubt they would co-operate with the hijacker.]

They wouldn't even agree to cooperate with the *legitimate* successor. Of course, the "spiritual mediums" weren't established then, so maybe that's all they care about. If so, then she may be able to spoiler[use his familiars] to some degree (the one's he's "unlocked" anyway).

And while I'm usually not into shows with a clueless male lead, I'm able to at least tolerate this particular clueless male lead. Not easily, as I feel my gag reflex kick in every now and then, but for the most part he's tolerable.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Ugh I wish they would tone down Yukina's jealous tendencies. You know there is a problem when I am complaining about it. Thank God she doesn't hit him or I would have lost it. So the imouto called him by his first name even when she was young. I find that completely strange...
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:44 pm Reply with quote
I spotted 2 yuri vibe scenes in the latest episode. Oh La Folia...

I'm curious about the origins of those two witches btw and the spells they use. Similarly, Yuma's got some major explaining to do soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:56 am Reply with quote
Episode 14

Well even if Yuuma has a good reason and all, it does look like she would hold some responsibility for the spoiler[deaths of the people in the helicopters] and anything that would happen after her plan. Perhaps it will try and downplay it but her looks shouldn't give her a free pass. That sounds like something that can be used a different way since she is also committing her crimes using his body.

It is an interesting twist on the usual body swap as apparently the spell just spoiler[links senses]. It means that if one spoiler[dies it should the spell should stop, like just damage Kojou's body to the point it should be I assume that she would go back to her body and he when his body fixes].

Also lol at Kojou getting the name wrong being proof.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:55 pm Reply with quote
a certain blue witch seems to be missing in an arc that's named after her. I hope that new OP isn't a preview of what is to come. everything looks depressing
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:07 pm Reply with quote
That fight felt kinda cheesy tbh with the witches. Well anyways, this arc doesn't seem to be ending yet with that ending. spoiler[Double kill huh?]

Let's see where this goes. And La Folia's little gag kicked in again even during the middle of this all this conflict. Gold. I'm also starting to enjoy the new OP song.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:41 am Reply with quote
Episode 15

This felt like a successful episode. We had finding out Yuuma's character which makes her acts sympathetic. It would seem that the knight thing was spoiler[making her determined to complete it as she could let it go towards the end, until it looked like a trick to get to Natsuki hitting her and Yuuma]. Natsuki is apparently a living prison.

I thought it was good how we could feel Kojou character through the body swap, where he was able to be a little cool. I am with him in being spoiler[worried about Natsuki], and next episode looks good as we finally spoiler[meet his mother].
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:33 am Reply with quote
Wow, I did not see that one coming. I did think the problem got resolved a little too easily, but that was certainly unexpected.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:42 am Reply with quote
So, I was paying attention to the new and dour opening credits and took note of some of the wrecked architecture, because it didn't look like normal "city" wreckage and while I didn't double check, I was thinking the wreckage of the credits spoiler[matches the style of the prison... so I was expecting a sort of bad end here and am thinking it's quite possible a mass break-out does occur next.]
In a way, it's about time, we've thoroughly gotten the general state of things, Koujou has become a decent fighter with a modicum of control of his familiars, the supporting cast all have important roles, and most importantly... the damn harem is big enough already! So, we get a large problem everyone has to band together to fight and we can finally break with the repetitive cycle of meet girl--meet villain--girl is in control of villain--have hard time with villain--beat villain in come from behind victory--get another girl that the show has been on since beginning. (yes there are variations, but in one way or another this pattern has run through each arc).
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:00 pm Reply with quote
So Natsuki is actually 26 years old spoiler[mentally but still has the body of a 16 year old.]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:40 pm Reply with quote
So the original 4th primogenitor resides in spoiler[Nagisa.] It was fun to see a more loli version of Natsuki. After seeing his mother, I think my suspicions of Nagisa not being his blood related sister might be true. It was already weird that she calls him by his first name and now we see that she looks nothing like Kojou and their mom.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa could just look like their father.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:44 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
So the original 4th primogenitor resides in spoiler[Nagisa.] It was fun to see a more loli version of Natsuki. After seeing his mother, I think my suspicions of Nagisa not being his blood related sister might be true. It was already weird that she calls him by his first name and now we see that she looks nothing like Kojou and their mom.

Looks like I wasn't the only one who thought that at first. Of course, I knew it wasn't Natsuki especially with what happened last episode.

Anyways, the set up of this episode reminds me a little of spoiler[Smallville when the Zoners escaped from Phantom Zone. I wonder which one of them is the strongest. Well, one of them is already going after the others judging by that PV. ]

On a more comical note, Sayaka's spoiler[feet].....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 14