• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim All-Anime Night Features FLCL Full Run

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
FLCL - Seen it enough times... on AS. *Yawn*
Cowboy Bebop - People voted this see this again?
Trigun - Hmmm. I much rather watch the last 2 episodes.
Paranoia Agent - Never really watch much of it.
Fullmetal Alchemist - Again, seen it enough times.
Samurai Champloo - Why isn't Cartoon Planet on?

I'd say you watch too much television. The only [as] series I've seen fully are FMA and GITS, and I've barely seen a couple segments ot Bebop or Trigun, let alone FLCL, PA or Samurai Champloo.

[adult swim] needs to show their older material earlier so I can catch it before hitting the sack. Lord only knows I have grown tired of watching Inu-Yasha run itself into plot circles.
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Those are some nice choices. (Though I would have thrown in Kikaider)
Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Heh, I remember last year's winner was quite vocal about not having any anime on her block at all. This should rebalance the universe nicely.
tripperdan99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:44 pm Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92 wrote:
This news is old. I knew about this back in June. On those black screen things where people email and ask questions and they show them on TV, someone had asked when they plan on showing FLCL again. The Adult Swim people said that they'd air all the episodes back to back to back on the first Saturday in August. But, it's good to see other news about the schedule.

This sort of reminds me of the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson as the Great Swami

Looks like I need go get a new hard drive so I can record the whole night LOL.

td99
biliano

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Malintex Terek wrote:
[adult swim] needs to show their older material earlier so I can catch it before hitting the sack. Lord only knows I have grown tired of watching Inu-Yasha run itself into plot circles.

It was because of the continuous array of plot circles that I as well completely gave up on Inu Yasha. It now permanently resides in my "Will Not Finish" section.

As for the schedule itself, not too shabby. I like the idea of marathoning FLCL, but I would love to see some Witch Hunter Robin and/or Wolf's Rain thrown onto the schedule. WHR is a series that I would love to see return to the Adult Swim lineup.
tripperdan99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:06 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
As for the schedule itself, not too shabby. I like the idea of marathoning FLCL, but I would love to see some Witch Hunter Robin and/or Wolf's Rain thrown onto the schedule. WHR is a series that I would love to see return to the Adult Swim lineup.

WHR was great. Maybe the next winner will carry on the tradition that was started this time! Here's hoping.

td99
Whearn9999

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:22 pm Reply with quote
SnowStar_7* wrote:
Anime fan... nice.

Parnoia Agent not so much in my opinon, but I wonder what episodes those are... I liked the "anime making" one.

Double Lips: spoiler[split personality]

Happy Family Planning: spoiler[suicide club]

Hope that helps.
Ninja337

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:31 pm Reply with quote
A night of anime reruns. If I had it my way:

Robotech, if possible
Samurai Champloo
Brak
Futurama
And more of that great Chuck Noris show.

If you are gonna play play reruns, play long lost reruns.
Malintex Terek wrote:
Where's the appeal in FLCL? Are people only connecting to it because Gainax also did Evangelion? Last I heard, Bobobo-bobo-bobo was not the nuclear explosion of popularity that is FLCL, but the humour is grounded in the same approach. Heck, most of the "parodies" in Bobobo cannot be identified because they are cultural or Western audiences have not been seasoned with them (id est, Fist of the North Star).
\

People liked it because it was by Gainax and it had crappy rock bands on it.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Ninja337 wrote:
People liked it because it was by Gainax and it had crappy rock bands on it.

You're an idiot. Did you not see Samurai-with-glasses' post?

Side note: What's wrong with InuYasha? I enjoy watching that show every week.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
I want my Eureka Seven Anime cry

Damn I didn't even think about that show.....I wish that it was all Eureka 7 now that I think about it. That would of been nice had it been a marathon from the start of this series since I know many people didn't get a chance to see it from the start.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Whearn9999

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, no E7 this Sat and next Sat as well. If I remember correctly, InuYasha movie 3 is running next Sat. I havn't seen an official schedule though. If we're lucky, they'll show E7 at 12 or 12;30(central). Otherwise, I'll be going through some serious withdrawal Crying or Very sad
NimbusRain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:38 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:

I would have loved to see some Wolf's Rain as well, but last I heard, Adult Swim's license on the show expired... Anime cry

Oh well, it's been a while since I've watched FLCL, so I'm pretty happy with this schedule.
FlamingPinecone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:11 am Reply with quote
You know, I was just thinking "Man, I need to see FLCL again, I haven't seen it in forever" so thank you contest winner. I just wish Paranioa agent would've be granted a better timeslot.

Cool beans.

fawhooooosh!
FlamingPinecone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:21 am Reply with quote
Malintex Terek wrote:
Where's the appeal in FLCL? Are people only connecting to it because Gainax also did Evangelion?

I actually disliked Eva, mainy because it just didn't live up to the hype I suppose. I heard about Gainax when FLCL started to air on adult swim so while I'd conceed there are Gianax fanboys who love anything they evecerate, FLCL stands on merits beyond simple brand name.

Quote:
Last I heard, Bobobo-bobo-bobo was not the nuclear explosion of popularity that is FLCL, but the humour is grounded in the same approach.

Bobobobobobobobobobo (whew!) is slapstick parody humor, similar to Family Guy accept funny. FLCL is paraody and slapstick but does it in a much more qualified manner and doesn't rely on references alone.

Honestly, your much newer post leads me to believe you haven't seen the show and while I could understand it not being your bag, try watching it for us one more time and STOP TROLLING THIS THREAD SHEESH!

fawhoooosh!
lunarflowerhine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:12 am Reply with quote
The lineup is good, but I would have liked it if Kikaider and Big O would have made it in. I miss them. ;-; Eureka 7 is also good, but it's sad they won't be showing it. Also, Gundam Seed would have been nice. ^^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4