• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Comedian/Voice Actor Yakkun Sakurazuka/Yasuo Saitou Passes Away

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:13 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
octopodpie wrote:
This sounds awful. I wonder if their seatbelts failed or if there are similar seatbelt laws in Japan like that have in the U.S.?

I've been told that in Japan they require people to wear seat belts but from what I've seen, not everyone does. Traffic rules seem to be very loosely enforced over here. People run reds ALL the time. One time there were TWO police cars, one each on a different side of the intersection and they didn't do a thing when a couple cars ran a red. The car even turned into the lane adjacent to the police car.......... I think you can tell how annoyed I am by this. I bike across this intersection every day and there are always at least 2-4 cars who run the red. ALWAYS. My record is 6 cars. It's crazy!

And don't get me started with how drivers don't know how to react when an emergency vehicle needs to get by. It takes them at least half a minute to let the ambulance go. The first cars always ignore it. -_-

GokuMew2 wrote:

I don't drive so I don't know the rules, but basically when you hear an ambulance coming, the cars are OMGOMGOMG and keep going on their merry way for like half a minute, then finally some people get the idea and try to get out of the way to let it pass. Ambulances in Japanese, btw, are VERY slow. They're not like in the U.S. where they're quickly trying to get where they're going. They politely ask over the loud speaker for people to please move.

You cannot turn right on red in Japan. They drive on the left side. From what I've see, you can't turn left on red either.

Really!!! Shocked

That's quite surprising, I didn't know car drivers/operators in Japan are a bit uncoordinated and less serious on their driving safety and law.

enurtsol wrote:
Watch how kids in the car are treated.

May I ask how, enurtsol??

Last edited by mdo7 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:46 pm Reply with quote
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:55 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

After reading this, WHAT THE HELLL!!!! Shocked

Japan can enforce copyright and anti-piracy laws with a strict crackdown and can arrest a person for uploading anime illegally, but they can't enforce their own law about seatbelts and using child seat properly. What other laws in Japan does the Japanese law enforcers not enforced??? Mad Shocked

What does Japan need to enforce the seatbelt, and child seat law strictly the way Japan does to piracy?

I saw this from the article you link me, this one got my attention:

Quote:
Apparently there is a clause in the Japanese seatbelt laws that states that obese people are exempt from wearing a seatbelt and hence there is no need for such a seatbelt extension in Japan

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Fat people are not even immune to permanent injury or death, they can die or suffer lifelong injury in a car crash too. Could somebody show the Japanese govt this article about car crashes are deadlier for obese people. My goodness, Japan is hard on piracy, but too soft on their own traffic law and road safety. This is unacceptable and shows Japan's law enforcers has no regard for safety and human lives when it come to simple thing like traffic and road safety.

Last edited by mdo7 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:00 am Reply with quote
They can wear one of these T-shirts: Laughing

NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:10 am Reply with quote
I know there's a small matter of the seatbelt stuff and all, but this is a serious topic of a person that passed away of an accident not too long ago, lets not go overboard, please. >_>

@Chiibi
You're not the only one who had a liking to Full Moon (until times changed for me), and yeah, both immortalized as JP VA's and their characters (also including Meroko's JP VA too). >_>
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:47 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
They can wear one of these T-shirts: Laughing

That can fool the authorities (although after showing this picture I think the police are not going to be fooled again), but that's not going to fool death and not going to stop permanent injuries from happening when an accident really happen to the drivers themselves when they don't take traffic laws and road safety seriously.

NeoStrayCat wrote:
I know there's a small matter of the seatbelt stuff and all, but this is a serious topic of a person that passed away of an accident not too long ago, lets not go overboard, please. >_>

NeoStrayCat, this is a serious matter and this can't be ignore. Law enforcers that are not enforcing traffic laws and road safety is serious issue and if the police is not enforcing these laws, more people in Japan will die or face permanent injuries because the Police and Japanese citizens are not taking their safety on road seriously.

I find this lack of enforcing traffic laws and road safety unacceptable!!! Mad
Sariachan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:41 am Reply with quote
R.I.P.

I didn't know Japanese didn't follow the most basic road rules, thanks for the info everybody. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:20 pm Reply with quote
@mdo7
Alright, I'll agree on your comment, and yes, the laws there for the belts here should really be enforced there. >_>
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:47 pm Reply with quote
NeoStrayCat wrote:
@mdo7
Alright, I'll agree on your comment, and yes, the laws there for the belts here should really be enforced there. >_>

I'm glad you see it my way NeoStrayCat. I'm just shocked and surprised that drivers in Japan are ignoring their basic driving laws and their safety and pretending that nothing will happen to them when accidents can happen at anytime. I'm also shocked that law enforcers are not even enforcing their traffic laws and road safety. Japanese law enforcers are good and very strict on piracy and copyright but they turn their back on enforcing traffic law and show no concern and not cracking down on traffic violators/offenders.
Pangea

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:41 am Reply with quote
If they didn't have any seatbelts on there will be no compassion from me, plain stupid.
Splash

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:01 pm Reply with quote
RIP Yakkun....

This poor guy had a huge run of bad luck in the past years, and then this had to happen...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3