• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Badass Warrior Princesses

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:13 am Reply with quote
The list is called "Badass Warrior Princesses" so I would say IMO, San is more "badass" than Nausicaa. That said, Nausicaa does have some pretty badass moments in the manga. Also, San is really only a princess in name only; she's not actually a descendant of a king.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:10 am Reply with quote
To be fair, going by the movie only, we don't know about San's parents and her major love interest was actually a prince, so if they eventually got together. Also her adopted mother was like "royalty" of the demon world, as were most of the leaders of the respective animal tribes.

Also technically they don't do much but I would wager Aeka and Sasami could flat line any of the people on this list in an actual battle. And several of the characters from War on Geminar would also count.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:06 am Reply with quote

What? She's the daughter of an Amazon warrior princess. Laughing

• The new poll: If a mecha pilot is going to succeed, what trait is most important?

Luck

Followed by Angst.
Northlander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:17 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
I was expecting to find Murder Princess included on this list when I saw the title, but I guess the fact that it's just someone else in a princess's body doesn't quite count.

She kind of becomes the princess at the end of the show, so her link to princessdom isn't any less tenuous than some of the others on this list.

Hell, this list could also include To Love-Ru's Lala, who IS a princess. Granted, she's got more of a happy-go-lucky personality and doesn't really have any interest in fighting. (Plus, she's got a bit of a contrived "weakness" regarding her tail.) Still, she certainly inherited her father's strength, which she proved when she went toe-to-toe against the #1 assassin in the universe. If she chooses to punch anything with all her might, it will be gone.
ZanraiKid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:26 am Reply with quote
Most important trait that a mecha pilot should possess?

A overwhelming sense of grief and obligation to the very survival of the human identity with a touch insanity/mental condition.

No, I'm not just talking about Evangelion.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:25 am Reply with quote
Needs more Shine Hausen.
saithem

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:32 am Reply with quote
Shoutout to Yoko Nakajima from The Twelve Kingdoms.

Not only can she take on a good number of princesses on this list, but she probably has the best character development ever (as opposed to being given great character traits from the start with a brand new gundam).
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:03 pm Reply with quote
[EDIT]
Never mind. Laughing

Last edited by Mohawk52 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
kazenoyume

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:11 pm Reply with quote
saithem wrote:

Not only can she take on a good number of princesses on this list, but she probably has the best character development ever (as opposed to being given great character traits from the start with a brand new gundam).

She's an empress though!

If I did a top anime royalty period list though, she'd be darn close to being #1.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
I never thought of May/Mei as a badass, but it's understandable that FMA is a lot more popular than other choices like Urutorii from Utaware, Tabitha from Zero no Tsukaima, Feena from Brighter Blue, Vivi from One Piece, or Arika from Negima.

I give Tabitha some credit for being kind of cool with her spell casting abilities but Feena? She doesn't do anything in that series remotely combat-related.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:18 pm Reply with quote
saithem wrote:

This so much.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Yeah... Youko Nakajima never was a princess. She went from not even being in the same world to Queen of Kei in one fell swoop.
LavenderMintRose

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:28 pm Reply with quote
ahhh Cornelia~

I've been... deeply steeped in that show for a few weeks now and I have a new appreciation for her as a character. You don't expect her to be shown sympathetically at first but then like... ahhh that show.

((Also I like how everyone who's alive gets to be happy together at the end no matter what side they were on, or for how long.))
grooven

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:21 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Last week's poll was a lot closer than I would have expected on ANN.
I think lots of people went by a nostalgia factor of what they know and have seen. Many people have never seen Kimba asides from images. From the poll, I got the assumption it was which people liked better, most would pick the thing they have seen and liked. But I'm glad Kimba came first Very Happy
Regardless of animation quality, Kimba has a beautiful and moving plot (in the many versions). Many people pass it up because of how it has aged and unless you grew up with it or like classics, it doesn't appeal to a large crowd.
I want to see a proper remake, that 2009 special was not a good representation at all.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:11 am Reply with quote
Doomroar wrote:
Were is princess Mononoke?!!!!

how the hell is she not here?! unbelievable.

even i was wondering about that. Not to mention the Princess from Scrapped Princess isnt even on this list. and how the hell is that idiotic meatball head Usagi on this list. she is definitely not badass. Corneila, yes but definitely not Usagi/ Neo Princess Serenity. and if Leina is gonna be on the list , then her older sister Claudette have to be on this list too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3