• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Wanna be the Strongest in the World! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:10 pm Reply with quote
I get the feeling that Sakura coddles Aika way too much, and since Elena has basically taken her place, she expected the same coddling from Elena.
Ignatz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:24 pm Reply with quote
MadMan400096 wrote:
It's a shame ARMS went from something as popular (if polarizing) as Elfen Lied to this shit. Ugh.

At this point, there's no hope for ARMS. The single worst animation company out there. All they ever do is absolutely horrible fanservice fighting shows over and over.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote
not quite. we did get Genshiken 2, I''s, I's Pure and Maoyu out of them
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Maybe the show will improve with Sakura's training?
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:42 am Reply with quote
well give series already in 1/3 of the eps with 2/3 to go on it.

besides give now i'm sure mid-eps point could be finally grow the beard to make it more YES YES YES to watch.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote
You ... you want Sakura to grow a beard?

::cough::freak::cough::
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:11 pm Reply with quote
This series could use Kenichi Sonada designs, and more muscle definition, and some weird science experiment monster.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:18 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
This series could use Kenichi Sonada designs, and more muscle definition, and some weird science experiment monster.

I vote sentient yam science experiment from The Story of 15 Beautiful Girls Adrift
KLAC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
You ... you want Sakura to grow a beard?

::cough::freak::cough::

it's only a figure of speech really do even read tv tropes http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GrowingTheBeard

besides give mid-eps are coming up i'm sure this female wrestling anime will get more YES to watch.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that KLAC has actually taught me something I didn't know before...
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:18 pm Reply with quote
and here I was, thinking you were messing with him and the joke flew over his head
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4.

Well we were expecting a turning point and there it was. I suppose we shouldn't complain; this is nothing compared to what Ichigo in Bleach went through about 84 times.

Man but that nonstop squealing -- I have to turn the sound down to minimum or I can't get through it.

All the same I kind of liked the stone-faced way that Toyoda goes about it. The power difference between her and poor little Sakura is like a bulldozer over a soda straw. How Sakura manages to get through it without orthopedic damage is beyond me. Not even a sprain?

Of course the rest of the training isn't very inspiring: "when they change to a one leg crab hold, us that!" Say what? What the hell does that mean? "You don't have any upper body strength!" After starting out amazing everyone else and training every day since then? Wouldn't that make her a lost cause?

Oh well. If you marry this one it isn't for her brains it seems.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:48 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Wish we had more of Kenichi Sonada.......
KLAC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:39 am Reply with quote
ep.5

spoiler[sakura doing early morning training with misaki to run around even do walk temple stairs 10 times on it yet on sweet diva side elena now got spotlight as center vocal yet lack of sakura got her bother give want her to come back.

sakura give having endure & make doing of figure 4 hold well cue next match give being a no dq type match sure being outside foul help, wooden sword version of camal clutch, etc yet make counter well on masked female even give them a sakura version of boston crab & double power bomb but not enough cue sakura's record is now 0-65!!!

give crowd is cheering her yet what missing is a special move that sakura need to create on her own & oh next match is rio who still call sakura a loser stalker idol clown.

so wonder on make special move that sakura wonder well here elena to both have talk & cheep-up even wonder come back to sweet after rio fight with doing of double flip cue sakura got a inspire.

so with all prepare for rematch that is 9 months in the making with top members of sweet diva came to watch sakura run to ring while rio all white long jacket-mask well the rematch is happen (on the next ep). ]
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:46 pm Reply with quote
65 loses and counting huh?

I actually get the feeling Sakura is going to win this fight against Rio but there is no way she is going to go back to Sweet Diva afterwards. I mean even if you did beat your rival leaving with a 1-65 record is still kind of pathetic..........so she'll probably stick around to redeem herself a bit more.

Or something else will come up to make her stay. Idk but i actually found this episode to be......watchable. Maybe because Sakura wasn't screaming 3/4ths of the time lol.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9