• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Walkure Romanze (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:23 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Yep this is looking like your typical harem. I mean conveniently running into each girl in one day and having lunch with them? Happens all the time Rolling Eyes

That said, I must say i'm surprised Takahiro didn't literally explode after eating all that food. I would have thrown up a LONG time ago if i was in his shoes. Also..........why are all the animals in this show perverted???!!!!

Last time i checked squirrels don't act like this! It's bloody To-love Ru all over again!

At least Takahiro was also affected by it this time lol.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Those are special anime squirrels. Not to be confused with the real thing.

I do wonder if squirrels in Japan actually have bushy ears like that. They don't here.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:07 pm Reply with quote
it's been a typical harem since it began, only they all actually do something interesting, Takahiro isn't gynophobic, and they all have a real reason to want him around.

I like that they gave Celia a little more depth.

Alan45 wrote:
Those are special anime squirrels. Not to be confused with the real thing.

I do wonder if squirrels in Japan actually have bushy ears like that. They don't here.

they are in Europe, not Japan
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:28 pm Reply with quote
@getchman
Well, sort of Europe, though I think you would have trouble matching it to a specific location. Perhaps I should restate the question, do European or Japanese squirrels have bushy ears?

I should note that bits of Japan have a tendency to show in locations that are not supposed to be Japan because the animators did not know that they were different in other areas.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:38 pm Reply with quote
@Alan45

Here lies your answers to the great squirrel question. Unfortunately, I can't answer your question because I'm 5 episodes behind and can't really tell what type of squirrels they are anyways.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Bushy ears or not, squirrels on a school campus would be way too fat to accomplish a decent assault.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:19 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

spoiler[Squirrels], they must have been the pervy anime kind but the did remind me of what I saw of the horror kind. One of the strangest things I have seen attack a girl in an ecchi way, and Takahiro was included. They must have been *bad joke removed*, it is not like they would be alone as evidenced by the actions of others.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Episode five was the best thus far, with a minimum of silly antics and actually delving into character motivations. But to make up for it the creators foisted episode six onto us. While it wasn't all bad it definitely played out like a VN would. Walk around town, meet every girl in turn. I could almost see the dialogue choices pop up on screen, it was that obvious.

I hope he gives up the begleiter business and enters the tournament as a knight.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:33 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

I hope he gives up the begleiter business and enters the tournament as a knight.

The way it is going I think that is the only choice he has. I don't see how he can possible choose one of the girls knowing how important it is to everyone. The question is if he joins will he be facing other males or everyone else? I haven't seen one male knight yet.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:43 pm Reply with quote
If he were to choose one girl the others would immediately challenge her to a duel one after another. It's like a death sentence for the chosen girl, only without the actual dying part (the bruises would be nasty though). He can't please everyone, so he might as well enter by himself so that all the girls have a level playing field and can prove their own skill rather than rely on his.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:31 pm Reply with quote
the OP and ED make it really hard to believe that he wont choose Mio. Other than her really good eye sight, I don't think Mio is interesting. She's kinda boring. I've been hoping the show throws a curve ball at us like Mashiro-iro Symphony did, and he goes for some one else. If he doesn't choose to joust, Celia seems like a good alternative since she does appear to have everyone's respect.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Those squirrels looked like small rabbits.

"That acorn isn't in season!" Laughing

Yeah, so that was a dull episode. I suppose we should be thankful it didn't take place at a hot spring. The whole mention of Theodore Roosevelt was weird because it means this is supposed to be taking place in the 20th century, which I would not have guessed.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:24 pm Reply with quote
@Blood-

I'm guessing late 21st century. I'm not sure what the lances are made of, but the material is clearly designed to break into really small pieces on impact, like safety glass. The armor is clearly made of weapons grade plastic*, similar to, but superior to that used in modern flack jackets. A 12th century pastime made possible by very high tech materials.

*The girls couldn't walk much less mount a horse if that stuff was steel. I think they used hoists to get knights into the saddle with full plate armor. They also used really big horses to hold all that weight, more Budweiser beer wagon than racecourse.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:06 pm Reply with quote
If I were to take a bet on what time period the creators were trying to imply this series takes place, I would bet it would be a romanticized version of the 1920s-1940s era of "euro land" and leaning more on England this round (not enough art to make it France, and not enough steam punk themes for Germany).

My logic is based on the notion that Japanese media more than enjoys to use that time period for there fiction when using the "not too long ago" concept.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:31 am Reply with quote
Interesting theory, Alan45, but with a show like this, I wouldn't put too much stock in them thinking about the realities of armor weight, etc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8