• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gingitsune (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

spoiler[Now I see how this is going to go.
Looks like each episode the girl will use the fox to solve her problems.
So far the most interesting character is the fox.
I just don't have the heart to drop this, it's too sweet and innocent.]
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, you know that I didn't really care for the first episode, but somehow #2 is an even bigger snooze. Yet another lame backstory (DADDY ISN'T HERE! BAAAAAAWWWWWWWW!), new charcters that serve as little more than bullies, and the conflict doesn't even have a real settlement, it just fizzles out. Honestly, I just watched it and already it's slipping from my memory.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:47 pm Reply with quote
The implication of spoiler[double tsundere yuri] would be VERY interesting... in a different series, at most we are just going to see the spoiler["stuck up girl with the bitchy girl become friends" , and yes you can interchange which of the friends is which.]

This episode conflict felt slightly more understandable if certainly cliché, spoiler[though the Class Press seems to have a VERY blatant creepy vibe when eyeing the VP.]
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:12 pm Reply with quote
It occurs to me that the four pointed star above Gintarou's left eye is the scar from the farmer's rock.

Actually, she didn't use Gintarou to solve this problem. She invited both girls home on her own. He just reported that they would be together for a long time.
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:06 pm Reply with quote
As most of you know, conflict is the soul of drama. Today's episode however, had almost none. It was just some turtle herald in need of a new shrine coming to the main one, so Makoto and Gintaro go to find one, or more appropriately, get him to an altar, with something about mourning dead priests mixed in.

The next episode preview shows some bishonen priest. I'm betting that he's gonna be her love interest. On second though, maybe not. because considering how predictable the past few episodes have been, I don't think it's worth gambling.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm not chuffed by the lack of drama. I'm following 25 shows this season (26 if pupa ever friggin' gets going) so I'm getting plenty of drama. Gingitsune offers a nice, relaxing change of pace (as does Non Non Byori) which I'm quite enjoying.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:53 pm Reply with quote
A new adventure for Saeki.
Well, her adventures are not what you'd expect, that's for sure.
It was nice seeing that there are spoiler[more heralds than just Gin.]
This was a really nice epsiode.
I really enjoyed watching it and the new info was nice too ^^
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I am confused by the girl in the flashback. Last episode made it seem like it was Makoto's mother, but Gin is suppose to be really old so it should be a great x7 grandmother. Anyway it looks like the other main character will make his debut next episode.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:53 am Reply with quote
Really enjoying this series. It's got an atmosphere reminiscent of Natsume Yuujinchou in a way, and that is never a bad thing.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:09 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
Really enjoying this series. It's got an atmosphere reminiscent of Natsume Yuujinchou in a way, and that is never a bad thing.

I was thinking this as well ;o
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:03 am Reply with quote
@whiteHairGirls
I'm pretty sure that the girl in both flashbacks is the original shrine maiden who took in a badly injured (real) fox. That would be way back. With luck we may get to see how a fox becomes a spirit being.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

So Cinderfella and The Brat have appeared on the scene: drama-lama. I DAAAAAAAAWED big time spoiler[when Haru's eyes filled with tears after Satoru told him to go home.]

I wonder what Saeki's friends will make of the newcomer? Ikegami seemed a little too interested in the new boy transfer student considering she already has a beau. Tut-tut.

This is an instance where having to wait a week for the next episode sucks.
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:44 pm Reply with quote
To today, we get the troubled boy with the obvious angsty no-family backstory. A forced tragic past doesn't make a character good. Personality does that, and quite frankly, the guy has zilch, just like the rest of these bozos.

And speaking of bozos, there's that bitchy, annoying little fox herald. His constant uppity berating of Makoto and generally being a brat left me wishing she, or hell, anyone would maul the half-pint shit.

And it's not like any of the story comes off as good. Mostly just cliches and other crap detectable from miles-no-light years away. And honestly, the little fox herald was so damn gating, I couldn't care less that the little bastard ran off when the totally-not-overused-angsty-bishonen-archetype yelled at him. If anything, I though he desrved it.

Honestly, I'm not seeing what's so good about this show so far. I guess it's not terrible, and it's kinda refreshing after having to deal with something as unpleasant as Wanna Be the Strongest in the World, but frankly, that thing makes Pokemon (even at its worst) look like Studio Ghibli, so that's damning with faint praise. This one is just boring.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:24 pm Reply with quote
It was fun watchingspoiler[ Saeki freak out about the new guest.
Satoru was a bit on the serious side.
Haru... well, it's nice to see another fox spirit.
Their arrival sure made things awkward..
Honestly, Haru sure has a big mouth that can't say anything nice.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm not used to that new fox kid yet but I suppose he has his interests. The latest episode felt a bit slow though but I'm still enjoying the atmosphere of the show overall.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5