• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nausicaä on R2 DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:27 am Reply with quote
Neat
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:59 am Reply with quote
i really hate to be the killjoy, but this movie really isn't Miyazaki's finest. i mean it gets good towards the end, but for the most part, it bored the crap outta me, not to mention Nausicaa is a very annoying individual, and the enviormental stuff is slapped on ten times worse than any of his other movies. the main thing that's lacking is it doesn't really have that wonderment element that you've known and come to love, nothing about is very exciting. needless to say i think it's overrated.
megumi's guy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:59 am Reply with quote
I agree that Nausicaa isn't his best movie, BUT it is second best just behind "Kiki's Delivery Service". Yes, I agree the movie is a bit slow here and there. All in all it held my interesting throughout.

Yes, I agree too that Nausicaa herself is a bit annoying, but after seeing a bunch of my friends murdered I think I'd a bit annoying too. The enviormental message didn't really bother me too much and I thought it added an interesting dimension to the movie.

All in all I thought it was an excellent movie. I ordered my copy last night CDJapan.
SamusekTDS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Methinks you people haven't read the AMAZING manga. The environmental stuff certainly isn't "tacked in", it's an essential part of the story.

Any way, I'm excited - I can't wait to downl-- err... I mean *buy* it.
---
Sam.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Its not his best I agree but it is still a very good movie course the manga is even better as usual. Hmmm wonder if since the rights to Warriors of the Wind has expired (as far as i know) we can hopefully get a r1 release in a year or so. I would buy the r2 but I cant afford it anytime soon.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1