• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Unbreakable Machine-Doll (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:14 pm Reply with quote
finally got around to the first episode. Its ok so far. more importantly, just read Carl's review. is his hatred for the director solely because of Genshiken or are there other reasons as well?
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Take off your underwear so I can smell them. I love Yaya.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2
Okay so Raishin needs to control his temper a little but otherwise, he definitely needs more training if he wants to become the Wiseman.

The episode was okay I guess. spoiler[Obviously, Charlotte has a thing for Felix because of how he treats her. Then, there's also Yaya who is jealous because of the "date" between her and Raishin. The most important part of this episode I think was still the beginning though as I'm still curious of Rashin's past.]

I want to give Yaya a hug though. She cried quite a bit this episode and I think she might even be in trouble now because of the existence of spoiler[Cannibal Candy].
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:01 am Reply with quote
I like that Sigmund has full mouth movements while talking. I've gotten used to beasts/animals with either no movement or a slow, asynchronous "talking" animation. I guess it's more effort to animate talking animals? Unlike most anime where people talking is just moving mouth flaps, animals have to have their whole lower jaw in motion, so I can see why corners would be cut there. Not to mention that most of the time, talking animals are rather unnatural to animate in the first place...

Interesting episode 2 so far. I'm definitely interested in the plot and I'm not annoyed by Yaya like some people are.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:16 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

So looking at the ED, are all those girls going to be his automatons? Also it sounded like they brought up that the ones his style use involve spoiler[using a corpse], so it might be a big hint that spoiler[Yaya is made from Nadeshiko].

Crazy theory time, cannibal candy is spoiler[the girl who warned him about Sigmund, maybe she has been trying to create something to take out Charlotte. Taking a student and pulling out the organs of the puppet automatons to create an automaton out of the student's body].
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:18 pm Reply with quote
That's a catchy ED, and was Yaya crying spoiler[pearls]?
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:33 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
That's a catchy ED, and was Yaya crying spoiler[pearls]?

I don't know, it kinda looked like ice to me. Still it's an amusing gag, if unoriginal (8 Ball Bunny did the same joke over 60 years ago).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:37 pm Reply with quote
never heard of it
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:04 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
never heard of it

It's that Bugs Bunny cartoon where he has to return a penguin to Antarctica, only to find out spoiler[the flightless thing lives in Hoboken]. The scene in question (the one similar to what Yaya does) happens near the end.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I thought you were talking about an anime. I dont think I've seen that Bugs Bunny episode.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Lol, that ED song is in my head now. SPIN, SPIN, SPIN, SPIN, SPIN.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:23 pm Reply with quote
So the guy Raishin wants to kill is his spoiler[older brother aka Sasuke vs Itachi]. When Felix said he wants to be king, it reminded me of this scene.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Dang. What a twist. I honestly did no expect that. Does this mean we can.count Charlotte as part of Rai's harem??? That would be great
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Shoko's got it going on. I'm liking this title more as it goes on. I was fairly meh when it started but I'm kind of getting into it.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:
Dang. What a twist. I honestly did no expect that. Does this mean we can.count Charlotte as part of Rai's harem??? That would be great

Well he flat out said he doesn't like girls like Charlotte who wear pads, so probably not.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6