• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Arpeggio of Blue Steel (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Despite being pretty badass almost the entire episode, I find Takao to also have a cute side as well. I can't wait to see what the other girls can do in these battleship warfare. I'm still getting used to the animation though but damn, that OST is glorious.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:58 pm Reply with quote
The battle looked cool and was paced appropriately, but my issue is that I would honestly like to know a bit more about our heroes as to be a little more invested in the battle.
Bango

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:22 am Reply with quote
Ep2 -

Yup. That's exactly what I wanted to see with this show. Some totally badass naval combat. We also learn some series history and some things about the ships' capabilities. A hot engineer chick is a bonus. Actually this is a good season for greasemonkeys. I didn't feel the fight drug out at all either.

I'm already used to the CG. IMO the key to getting used to it is to treat it as having new intent. Like it's not trying to perfectly imitate traditional, but instead do something new based off it. For an example of how to use CG to intentionally imitate the former style, see Guilty Gear Xrd Sign where they intentionally left out the return frames to make it seem more like a 2D fighter.

This is a pretty fun show for me so far despite not knowing naval stuff very well. The first thing I thought during the barrage was "wow. Does a heavy cruiser have that many weapons? Geez, what are their destroyers and battleships going to be like?

I'm super glad to hear it's already diverged from the manga. That makes me happy. It means that when the show is over I'll have more Arpegio to enjoy which I wouldn't if they were the same.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:33 am Reply with quote
Damm! That was an awesome battle.
spoiler[The battle between Iona and Takao was exciting. The best Naval battle i seen since Red October.]
Bango

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:25 am Reply with quote
I remember the cat-and-mouse one at the end of Tactical Roar being really enjoyable. The show wasn't great but I suggest people who like this to at least give it a shot until you see how their battles were handled.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:22 am Reply with quote
If this is the type of battle we can expect from them as the series progresses, I'm definitely following this all the way through. That was really well done.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:22 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

The CG does feel much more tolerable now. In general it was a good fight, although I did get a little lost in some of the technobabble.

Towards end my thought on the heavy blue haired ship: she is a total tsundere.
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:11 am Reply with quote
This anime becomes the 2nd best anime I've ever watched until now after Hataraku Maou-sama (anime#14846). The battleships are so cool!
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:23 am Reply with quote
this show opens up the possibly of so many ship and military based innuendos.
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:28 am Reply with quote
The battleships fro Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio is taken from the Japanese battleships on real life, such as Iona's I-401, you can find the real Japanese submarine I-401 and Takao's heavy cruiser Takao in Wikipedia.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Michael Nathanael T. wrote:
The battleships fro Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio is taken from the Japanese battleships on real life, such as Iona's I-401, you can find the real Japanese submarine I-401 and Takao's heavy cruiser Takao in Wikipedia.

That's interesting info, thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm just searching for Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio and I found them.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Ha I can't wait for Takao's fantasies to be fulfilled in a couple of a episodes.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:05 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Ha I can't wait for Takao's fantasies to be fulfilled in a couple of a episodes.

I lol'd @ the scenes where she was daydreaming about the captain. Should be fun though to see her in the upcoming episodes. Maybe there will be one of those episodes where she gets a chance to spent some time with Gunzo.

As for the episode itself, I just hope Gunzo's crew has the skill to take on not one but spoiler[two Fog Battleships.]
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Finally watch episode 3.

There were some things in this episode that were change/different in the manga.

* spoiler[When the I-401 arrived at Yokosuka Base, the crew didn't get a armed reception by the Navy personnel, they got a warm reception with the maintenance crew since the I-401 has visited the base before. And one person who was greeting them was Maruri Hibiki, a Navy Ensign and the former sonar operator of the I-401.]

* spoiler[ Iona didn't accompany Gunzō to the Navy memorial as she stayed on the I-401. Gunzō was accompanied by Vice-admiral Uragami, head of the Japanese Navy who likes Gunzō and what his crew been doing to the Fleet of Fog.]

* spoiler[The talk between Kongou and Maya about Humans was actually between Kongou and Yamamoto, the Supreme flagship of the Fleet of Fog. The anime transfer Yamato's speech to Kongou about human tactics to Kongou speaking to Maya.]

* spoiler[That little girl didn't meet Gunzō at the memorial, in the manga she went to the port where she demanded an explanation from the crew where her grandfather is.]

* spoiler[Because they were no armed Navy personnel guarding the I-401, the Army was able to easily take over the port compare to the plot hole on how the Army was able to quickly beat the Navy without a shot.]

* spoiler[A scene they excluded was Kamikage just learn Kita abducted the I-401 crew and orders US Navy Lieutenant Cruz Herder to send his Navy SEALs to rescue the crew.]

* spoiler[Before the I-401 left the port, she gave the maintenance crew a Corrosion torpedo under Gunzō orders since it's for another ship, the Hakugei 3 submarine.]

* spoiler[Unlike the anime where Kita was forced to let the crew go when Iona threaten to shoot, Kita allowed the crew to go after Gunzō gave him an ultimatum to either let his crew go to fight Haruna and Kirishima or let Haruna and Kirishima destroy Yokosuka]

While i like the anime, the changes they made kinda irks like changing the years of the blockade from 17 in the manga to 7 in the anime. I can't wait when Seven Seas releases the manga in english next year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10