• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Non Non Biyori (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I prefer my avatar to be a little more representative of myself than just my fandom... but Ren was just sooooo cute.

OT: I generally don't like football, if I wanted to support a team it would be The Lions probably (originally from Michigan). I have some sympathy for The Packers and would slightly prefer them in the playoffs if they get in.... but the "real" fans are just damn obnoxious. Just yesterday I wandered down to a busy street to get some things at a corner store and there was this drunk guy outside a bar yelling at passersby for not watching the game. That seems strange, but if I wander out on a game day 3 times out of 4 I'll get asked about why I'm not watching
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:44 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (final)

Fairy Renge, a perfect way to end the series. Although Hotaru eating Komari's cooking was also quite entertaining, like her only spoiler[bringing up the chocolate sauce and russain roulette] as she was putting it in her mouth, and she was going to refuse the dessert. Also, I am pretty sure some guys talked in the beach episode, so this was not the first time males had spoken in the series.

Talking about the very end I was really happy looking at the slideshow through the series where I could recall everything. I like how it ended and faded away with the picture of the girls asking for seconds. This really was probably the best all girls slice of life I have seen, and I don't know if there is any way they could have done better in terms of production values. I laughed, I cried, I was blown away by cuteness, and I was humbled by the nostalgia. A rating seems a little difficult as this a very calming show that should not stick in your mind too much, but just looking on youtube I can find so many classic scenes, and hearing the music from the OP and ED just has so much personality, that I rate it Excellent.

I really liked this show, although sadly I don't feel that sad saying goodbye, it was a nice finale.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:47 am Reply with quote
If there is no Non Non Biyori season 2 (and more), Blood- is gonna have to cut a bitch.

I think my fave part of the finale was when Natsume told Ren-chon spoiler[the name of the flower, Renge, and Ren-chon thought she was using her proper name: "What happened between us in the last few minutes for you to use my real name?"] Laughing

I gave this delightful title a Very Good rating. Will definitely buy this one.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Non Non Biyori is a superb show, charming to an addictive degree. I always looked forward to it, and every week it delivered; there wasn't a bad episode in the bunch. I'm glad I watched the show weekly as opposed to a marathon or I might have died from cuteness overload. The laid-back atmosphere was very soothing, and the director was very adept at using pauses both for comedic and dramatic effect. I really don't have anything bad to say about it, except that I'm sad it had to end.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:35 pm Reply with quote
nothing new to add that hasn't already been said, other than I really liked this show. would love to see more. Giving this an Excellent
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:35 pm Reply with quote
There's still the OVA to look forward to!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:52 am Reply with quote
Good news, dudes. 2nd season has been announced Smile
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:14 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Good news, dudes. 2nd season has been announced Smile

Banzai

^ That is my go to scene for feeling happy about striking the jackpot.
Morisummer500

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3, Renge finally meets a girl her own age to play with, then later she goes to her friend's grandma's house to find her and granny tells Renge that h er friend had to leave, Renge always has a blank
look on her face, here, she stare with the blank look for a minute or so, then she starts crying, with that same blank look on her face, that poor girl! It was that blank stare, though, emotionless, even when she was crying.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:32 pm Reply with quote
OVA 1

Nyanpasu-pasu

I kind of forgot how cute this was, but it raises a thought: Who is cuter, Renge or Naru? I pick no answer, no need to pick.

Such an easy going atmosphere to this show, I felt in this episode especially was a number of moments where focus was put on just sitting there between events.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Oooo, I can't wait to see this. I'm at work right now, dammit. As for the burning and divisive question that you CLAIM does not have to be answered, DP - I give the nod to Ren-chon in the Cuteness Sweepstakes. To a certain extent, it's an apple and oranges comparison in that while both of them are obviously young girls, Naru is rendered more as an actual child - and children can be annoying, sometimes, which blunts the cute. Ren-chon is more of a type than an actual child so she isn't really given any annoying qualities (imo).
chrissycrbn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:14 pm Reply with quote
This will be my first time watching any show with English subtitles and this type of anime. I won it on rightstuf and realized its only English subtitles. Is it any good? Is it worth trying?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Non Non Biyori is absolutely superb. Possibly the most charming anime in the last couple of years. That said, it is a slow slice of life show that takes place in rural Japan. A town so small that they have a total of five students in one room of the old school.

If you like a lot of action, mecha and shooting, this is not for you. Try a couple of episodes. You will either be charmed out of your shoes and unable to quit watching or you will be bored to tears.
chrissycrbn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Thanks. I will try it. If I don't like it then idk what I'm gonna do with it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:59 am Reply with quote
We got a new gorgeous key visual and preview!

Actually, I think there are two of them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5acy-c1uHPA&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-QoYo1gpPs&feature=youtu.be

Still great news to see the show return for Summer though. I think the atmosphere will be perfect for its premiere.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 15