• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Non Non Biyori (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 7

Ah, this episode once again gave a good amount of focus on memories especially when Renge sees the photos of her friends from the Tokyo Tower.

The way the episode done really had a good amount of summer nostologia to it too with the dragonflies and stuff. Yet another fantastic episode of comedy and fun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 7

"I have been into photography lately."
Oh, it is Renge's summer experience, thinking about that episode could give a special meaning to this episode that had a lot to do with friends.

I thought it was quite cute how Renge forced Hikage to play dolls, and that she had to be the baby. Also Hikage kept trying to boost herself with talking with Hotaru about the city, and because she did not know Hotaru's age a few of the things were a bit out of her depth.

Was it just me, or was there something odd with Komari's voice this episode? Something interesting is I out of curiosity I just checked the first season OP, it includes scenes like Renge making a Teru Teru Bozu, and Hotaru kind of timidly getting herself to jump into the river like the others, two things I think are more this season.

The preview, it has baby Renge in it!
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:14 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I thought it was quite cute how Renge forced Hikage to play dolls, and that she had to be the baby.

Been there. Done that. Sucks. Except when you get older then it is sort of fun when you're in the mood.

Speaking of been-there I noticed at the end we actually go a on-scene photograph. Does anyone have the GPS coordinates of the village so we can look at the satellite maps?
Quote:
Was it just me, or was there something odd with Komari's voice this episode?

VA had a cold maybe? I hadn't noticed anything really off.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:59 am Reply with quote
The river looks pretty shallow. The water only covers half their body when they are standing up. How did Hotarun not get hurt when she took a dive? She went in legs first.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:01 am Reply with quote
No, this season is more than halfway over. It's no fair, I don't want it to end.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:17 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
No, this season is more than halfway over. It's no fair, I don't want it to end.

I'd like it to begin eventually? I forced my way though the first episode of Repeat having enjoyed, yes enjoyed the first season and then forgot the sequel existed until I saw this thread.

With most "central figure" shows, I can at least say I like the "and the rest" or at least say I can stomach them but here, it's just "who?" And that first episode showed me my Renge limit.

There's slice of life, there's boredom and then there's whatever that was. That other side when your conscious mind turns into a buzzing fly in pudding; Dying, kind of sad and spoils everyone's desert.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:12 pm Reply with quote
That was just adorable this week.

My heart was not ready for a baby Renge on-screen or her cute drawings Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Who else still has their childhood teddy bear? I do.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Good job just standing there in the doorway watching a baby tug on something big to fall over.

The sleep-canceler aside, I don't see how they managed to build those other projects with the tools and material we saw.

Anyway, I really need this show on Monday evenings. I don't know what I will do when it is over.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:35 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Yeah, it will take me a few seconds to grab him..... Wow, I don't know the last time I just held it and looked it over, this is super nostalgic.

Anyway, awesome episode. Well it did have baby Renge, and that in the first season I still go back re-watch like a clip on YouTube. So chill, especially healing for having a bad day.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

I no longer have any of the several teddies I used to own as they were given to charity once I grew out of them.

But I still have my childhood sheep; his name is Lamb Chops and he's awesome. I'll never give him away.

in b4 jokes about New Zealanders and their sheep
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:53 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
But I still have my childhood sheep; his name is Lamb Chops and he's awesome. I'll never give him away.

I think that used to be the name of a children's show or something, like all I remember is being quite young.

And really have no faith that someone like an Australian won't take a quick unneeded jab.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:52 pm Reply with quote
@DuskyPredator

You may be thinking of the puppet used by Shari Lewis in several shows.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Yep, Lamb Chop's Play-Along is where I got the name from.

I guess that sort of outs which generation I'm from.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:53 pm Reply with quote
THIS IS THE SONG THAT DOESN'T END. YES IT GOES ON AND ON MY FRIEND! SOME PEOPLE STARTED SINGING IT NOT KNOWING WHAT IT WAS, BUT THEY'LL CONTINUE SINGING IT FOREVER JUST BECAUSE THIS IS THE SONG-

Anyways, I get the feeling they've toned a lot down this season, in regards to Hotaru at least. Season one was always playing up her obsession with Komari and showing off how developed she is for her age. Seeing the Komari plushies this episode is the first in awhile her obsession has been referenced.

Surprised she made a plushie of the brother. If he's not a punchline they tend to forget he exists.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 15