• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gundam Build Fighters TV (both seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:21 am Reply with quote
The beginning of this reminded me quite a lot of Dragon Drive. The kid even sounds like Reiji.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:21 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what other gundam models we'll see soon in this show. They revealed the spoiler[Gundam Destiny] in the latest episode.

Also, it looks like spoiler[Gyanko is fighting next time but I'm kinda worried about her opponent. As for the episode 8, I like the bit of brotherly love and bromance themes that matched well with the story.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:09 pm Reply with quote
A fun finale to a fun show. Had me laughing quite a bit.

The biggest problem with Try is that it's a step down from the original in a lot of ways. The scale is smaller and the plot is limited to strictly the tournament itself. Rival characters are relevant briefly as opponents and not much beyond that which is what happens in single elimination tournaments. Build Fighters' world tournament set up of various mini-games gave the perfect opportunity for characters to shine without risking anyone being knocked out of the story. The additional plot line of the Arian business also really added to the show.

Try is much more basic and traditional but it's still a good enjoyable show taken on its own. The heart of season 1 is retained, and that is the most important part, but they could have done more with it.

Still managed wiped the floor with that other Gundam show, though.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:24 pm Reply with quote
it was a good series. Last episode was more character story than rock'em and sock'em action with robot models.

I think its difficult top episode 24. This episode is quiet ending in comparison. Not so crazy about certain things, but everyone has thing they won't like.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3