• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tokyo Ravens (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Flashbacks to spoiler[Natsume's past with Harutora were nice.]
Some things finally make sense.
Looks like they got a chance to spoiler[enjoy] themselves for a change.
After everything that's happened, they deserved it.
spoiler[Takiko kinda ruined a perfectly good moment between Haru & Natsu.
Guess the relaxation part is over.]

This anime is definitely getting better and more interesting.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:23 am Reply with quote
Episode 20:

I'm going to be pretty pissed if they just killed off spoiler[Natsume right when her relationship with Harutora was finally going somewhere]. Evil or Very Mad
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:15 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Episode 20:

I'm going to be pretty pissed if they just killed off spoiler[Natsume right when her relationship with Harutora was finally going somewhere]. Evil or Very Mad

Yeah well there's no way. Just no frigging way. Right? Confused

On another note that spoiler[Raven's Coat] thing was pretty stupid. It was shooting projectiles and making super robot maneuvers. Wasn't exactly what I was expecting....
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:10 am Reply with quote
Just remembered that they pulled the same thing at the beginning of the series where he spoiler[lost the girl just as he realised he loved her].
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:24 am Reply with quote
I have to say that the 2nd opening is growing on me though it's no where close to the 1st opening. The 1st opening was properly good. I'm starting to dig the 2nd ending theme as well.

I sort of understand why this show is rated so low and at the same time I don't understand it. It definitely suffers from some cliches, but at the same the pacing is very nice. There's practically no fillers (maybe there has been a few, I don't know how faithful it's to the source material) and it's very consistent in its delivery. There's constantly something going on.
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:45 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
I sort of understand why this show is rated so low and at the same time I don't understand it. It definitely suffers from some cliches, but at the same the pacing is very nice. There's practically no fillers (maybe there has been a few, I don't know how faithful it's to the source material) and it's very consistent in its delivery. There's constantly something going on.

Agreed with many things you said. I felt bad that this series doesn't sell well when it contains many things that could've made the show a memorable work with lot of popularity potential (I heard the source material was amazing). Low sales aside, I really enjoy this series this season the most and I hoped for an actually good conclusion (even though I knew it wouldn't happen, would be surprised if it did).
Iron Maw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Kruszer wrote:
Episode 20:

Yeah well there's no way. Just no frigging way. Right? Confused

On another note that spoiler[Raven's Coat] thing was pretty stupid. It was shooting projectiles and making super robot maneuvers. Wasn't exactly what I was expecting....

Well, spoiler[the suit before the actual coat wasn't in the source.]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Oh damn that partnership should be good next episode.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Episode 21:
Wait, so is she actually spoiler[dead]?! Wow. Poor Natsume...

And did Suzuka just refer that new character as her "spoiler[dad]"? That's interesting. Judging by the way he was using his abilities, I'd assume he is very strong. I have a bad feeling about this spoiler[ritual]. Even if they somehow able to bring spoiler[Natsume back, I have a feeling it might not be 100% Natsume as she was before. This is sad tbh considering Natsume and Kyouko just made up recently after all that drama they both went through.]

It seems like they are pretty desperate to beat this Sspoiler[hadow guy. Hell, even releasing Reiji's suspension?]

This spoiler[Onmyo Agency invasion should be fun. One other interesting part is that little spark or whatever it is that Kyouko received. Weird.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:41 am Reply with quote
Episode 21

Natsume spoiler[dyeing, Harutora captured, and the plan to break him out so they can find a way to bring her back]. I am getting all angry over the bad guys and really looking forward to a full assault. Have to watch next week.

No Kon.
jl07045

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:24 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Even if they somehow able to bring spoiler[Natsume back, I have a feeling it might not be 100% Natsume as she was before.]

Yeah, when it comes to spoiler[bringing back the dead there's usually a price to pay in any story I can think of (fate, cosmic balance, equivalent exchange and all that crap writers usually come up with). Natsume might just as well be 100% herself], but in that case someone else will suffer for that.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Harutora's desperate attempts bore no fruit.
Things just escalated even more.
Sudden appearance of spoiler[Suzuka's dad] was well placed.
Evil always appears when you're the weakest just to exploit you under pretense of help.
Great episode!
Definitely one of the better ones.
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Can't believe that spoiler[Natsume died]....

Well it seems some interesting battles are to come.spoiler[ Kagami vs. Ōtomo,] now that's something I wanna see.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Kon is back! It also looks like spoiler[the fan general is not dead.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Episode 22:

Was that spoiler[Touji] at the end? Nice. About time he's here. I think that if they do pull off the spoiler[ritual to bring back Natsum]e, they better be prepare for the consequences as spells dealing with the law of nature such as life often has such drawbacks.

On another note, Kon....you go girl! That was a short yet dynamic speech this episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 11