• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tokyo Ravens (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Hmm so the loli loving sempai is Otomo's spoiler[ classmate.] I bet the little kid in the car is spoiler[Doman.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:37 pm Reply with quote
It's going to take me awhile to get used to the new OP song tbh, awhile....

Not entirely yet sure how long though but the latest episode was pretty much a set up. That new girl introduced this episode also has a bit of mystery written over her. I bet she will play an important role in this arc soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:56 am Reply with quote
Episode 15

Took me a little bit longer than I would have hoped to figure out that spoiler[the kid was Doman, perhaps under the effect of the curse.] And was hinted as wanting to spoiler[visit Otomo in the hospital].

When he said that the name was spoiler[read "Suzu"] I knew there was another character who spoiler[had that name], and thus that was them. I have become pretty bad at remembering a good deal of them, so I had to wait until he mentioned itspoiler[ was loli loving senpai], which we now know is not only spoiler[Doman's apprentice, but Ohtomo's classmate].

But another mystery girl has sprung up now that we know most about Ohtomo. And Ogre Eater has been placed in spoiler[safeguarding the gang], which probably is not really a good thing.

And it looks like Harutora is trying his hand at trying some powerful magic, which could be cool if he becomes stronger.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:55 am Reply with quote
Episode 16

What I liked here with the old guy was that spoiler[he did not feel compelled to reveal his tricks, and in fact the other person divulging everything was actually under his spell]. I just really like that as it seems far more probable than when you see characters in anime having to explain everything they are doing. Brings a smile when you see the good guys can be just as crafty and intelligent.

spoiler[Mysterious girl we met the other episodes] seems to be a high member of Twin Horns, and spoiler[she is] apparently under the impression that the Twin Horns spoiler[broke away from their purpose so there might be something misunderstood].
Kaminota

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:13 am Reply with quote
For as well put together as the first Op was the second sure is lacking. (I'm talking about fluidity etc not the music.)

In all honesty the first one might be the best put together op I have seen, the credits just blend right in.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:36 am Reply with quote
Harutora got himself a "stalker".
Well, at lest this time he got some useful input.
It was about time someone pointed out the reality to him.
He really needs to start getting serious about his path in life.
The rest of the episode was much more interesting.
An unexpected fight certainly made things better.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Quite a lot of info dump in the latest episode. But yeah, Harutora needs to make the right decisions in his life. Ahh...

Also, hoping to see more of Suzuka later on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:00 pm Reply with quote
that's a pretty neat and powerful trick Amami possesses.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Nice, another exciting episode.
Looks like Harutora is making progress.
Maybe he won't be Bakatora forever lol
I like watching Toji fight.
His fighting always looks cool.
Natsume got put in a really awkward position.
Well, some secrets aren't ment to be kept forever.]
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:20 pm Reply with quote
i though Harutora is supposed to be a scrub. how do he got so good?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:56 am Reply with quote
Episode 17

Whoa, Harutora finally got himself spoiler[together and was damn powerful]. After being somewhat clumsy up to now, he got his spoiler[gears to mesh and pretty much understood the nature of the magics and pretty much overshadowed the rest of the gang. The way he just coolly squirted the guy in the face to follow it up with plants and fire, I am starting to think that he might really be the reincarnation]. It was not just spoiler[brute strength but he seemed smart too, fighting by using Kon and doing difficult magic.]

And on another note, Ogre Eater is an A-hole for spoiler[letting his familiar go that out of control and not jumping in to stop it]. He was supposed to look after them and spoiler[instead left his bloodthirsty familiar do it who went on a rampage]. And bad guys spoiler[killed cool old guy]. Sad

Natsume's spoiler[gender was found out too,] maybe bad, but might make spoiler[her closer to people now]. Kyoko did not spoiler[take finding out she had been lied to too well, we know they will be rivals soon enough].
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:53 am Reply with quote
It wasn't surprising to me that spoiler[Kyoko was pissed after finding out Natsume's real gender. I wonder what she thinks of now. Also based on that brief flashback, it seems like the person Kyoko met in the past is actually Harutora.
]

Natsume also better watch her back soon as some people have an eye on her too.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:54 am Reply with quote
What is going on lol? Why did the guy protecting them start attacking them? So the head of the onmyo is evil? Poor fan guy.
Iron Maw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:38 am Reply with quote
He corrupted by miasma that forms spiritual disasters, just as Natsume said.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
What is going on lol? Why did the guy protecting them start attacking them? So the head of the onmyo is evil? Poor fan guy.

Well, spoiler[we didn't see a body, and that room wasn't demolished enough for them to have had a fight there, and I can't see that crafty old guy going down easy. He's probably still alive.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 11