• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan Keeps the Pokemon Coming

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biliano

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Did Nintendo give a street date as to when Pokemon Diamond and Pearl will be available in the North American market yet?
hikaru393

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:34 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
Did Nintendo give a street date as to when Pokemon Diamond and Pearl will be available in the North American market yet?
no we only know that Japanese street date is sept 28th.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
minakichan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:34 pm Reply with quote
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

An entire new Pokemon TV series following the female trainer in D&P... and a chance that it's with a whole new set of characters~~~

I haven't been this excited since Legend of Thunder. And D&P graphics look great. I can't wait~
NightHedgehog

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:59 pm Reply with quote
And reading more about the game, I hate to say this.

I'm looking forward to this game. WiFi play alone is worth a purchase.
maus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Shocked
OMG, will Pokemon never die? Confused
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:41 pm Reply with quote
maus wrote:
Shocked
\\

Why should it? It's a national icon over there, and is still very popular. it wouldn't suprise me if it stayed on the air for atleast another ten years,if not more.
konosuke15

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:49 pm Reply with quote
I predict the street date for the US will be either RIGHT before christmas or come out at the same time as usually every other game, in March or May.
x_Shinta_x

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:01 pm Reply with quote
maus wrote:
Shocked

No, it'll only fade away.

I like this, I like Nintendo. I wonder what Pokemon plans for the Wii are...
NightHedgehog

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:31 pm Reply with quote
maus wrote:
Shocked

That's like asking will Mario die.
biliano

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:02 pm Reply with quote
konosuke15 wrote:
I predict the street date for the US will be either RIGHT before christmas or come out at the same time as usually every other game, in March or May.

Yeah, March 2007 seems like the most logical date for the Diamond and Pearl games to hit the N.A. market.

I have to say after looking at the covers for both games the designs for the new Legendary Pokemon Diaruga (time-ruling Pokemon) and Parukia (space-ruling Pokemon) look very sweet. It'll be interesting to see what roles these two creatures will play in the overall RPG. Some of the new attacks and abilities the site mentioned should add more excitement and strategy to the game. I'm looking forward to playing these games next year.

Also, it looks like that Diaruga will be featured in the ninth Pokemon moviecoming up. (No, I'm not joking - there's going to be a ninth Pokemon movie.)

Last edited by biliano on Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
konosuke15

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:08 pm Reply with quote
x_Shinta_x wrote:
maus wrote:
Shocked

No, it'll only fade away.

I like this, I like Nintendo. I wonder what Pokemon plans for the Wii are...

You mean you haven't heard? There is a pokemon game coming out for the Wii too! It looks so cool too! ^^

The pokemon actually make contact when they attack and, if say the attack was Hyperbeam or of the like, the attack itself will damage the arena and it'll stay like that till the end of the match.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Boy, these people just don't give up. What generation of Pokemon are we on now?
toomanyalts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Man the DS was suffering shortages before but Diamond and Pearl and other releases will cause the used DSs to go up to six hundred dollars in Japan. Already the DS goes used for 400 bucks in auctions in Japan.

Each week the DS sells over 150,000 units in Japan and the amount is increasing in the other regions as well. Nintendo may have to up the production to five million units a month if the trend continues.

Add in the Pokemon Wii game interfacing with the DS Pokemon games and wii will sell out in Japan and be quite scare for quite a while.

Btw have you people read any of the game details lots of people are excited about Diamond and Pearl due to the game upgrades.

http://www.filb.de/?option=news&aktion=komm&ID=397 This link is to a small resolution video of real time wii footage of Pokemon Battle Revolution.
bluepita

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:12 pm Reply with quote
I guess I know what my daughter will want for her birthday. Good grief, I have enough money invested in Pokemon already.

In any case, Nintendo will be putting out Pokemon games, at least, for a long time still. I read in our newspaper last year that an insane amount of their profit come from Pokemon. I can't remember the figure, but it was something crazy like 40%. I doubt much will dissuade them from a property that contributes so much to their bottom line.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Between GAINAX, Peach Pit, and Shonen Jump, you should know that companies liking milking their cash cow. Nintendo isn't any different.

minakichan wrote:
An entire new Pokemon TV series following the female trainer in D&P... and a chance that it's with a whole new set of characters~~~

God forbid. The problem I had with the Hoenn series is that they kept carrying over the cast. It's time to recycle everyone. (Note that I'm very out of the loop on this)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3