Forum - View topic
Report invasive ads here

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 6:36 am Reply with quote
While using my Ipad today, a gift card scam pop-up appears on the anime news homepage. everytime I tried to report the issue the ad would immediately open. It seems to affect only IOS not Android or Window systems. the Site is called "happy.uslucky.xyz"

I also tried to used the "report a problem" tab on the Anime news site. It kept saying "failed to report use forum"
horseradish
SubscriberSubscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:58 pm Reply with quote
I keep getting pop-up ads about Lexus cars that load in a new tab. Some get blocked by Google Chrome, some don't. There is only the image of the ad and no words that indicate where the ad is coming from on the page. I have gotten at least five now while browsing the forums. This happened around 1:30-1:35PM PST. While making this post, the bottom of the page says "served by kurisu-chan cloudflare ray# 4e87f20927de2886-SJC". The URL are variations of this: animenewsnetwork.com/exponential/tfbuster.html#?flashVer=0&ver=1.28&th=9012828625&tagKey=115382177&site=animenewsnetwork&adSpace=usa&center=1&size=160x600,300x250,300x600&env=display

Screenshots:
https://i.imgur.com/oHdA8Sp.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Ib7mVMs.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/VpVQqUV.jpg
Kimaca

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:40 pm Reply with quote
^ I'm having the same issue as the poster above me, since at least 3 days ago. Whenever I go to another page or an article, etc, a new tab (sometimes two tabs) is created in my browser (Google Chrome), displaying a banner ad on an otherwise blank white page. This happens on nearly every page/article I go to, and it's gotten so bad that I've had to turn on my ad blocker, and ANN is one of the new sites I don't usually have an ad blocker enable. Pop-up blockers don't even help; I have to disable all ads.

On my phone, the ads attempt to pop-up in a new tab/window there too, but my phone manages to block these successfully (and lets me know a pop-up was blocked).
Tempest
ANN Publisher & CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Thanks. I'm able to see from the info you've posted, where that ad is coming from. But if you see it again, please use the "report a problem" feature.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3