• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Game Designer/Animator Yoshiteru Tsujino Loses Wife, Son

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:24 am Reply with quote
My God what a horrible accident!
My condolences to the man's family.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:00 am Reply with quote
Erilea wrote:
Now my biggest concern is how it's possible that in was a murder-suicide. A mother just wouldn't kill her own kid.

Oh, murder-suicide has been all the rage in Japan due to the "Lost Decade" now closing on two decades. Parents taking their whole family with them. Also, train platforms had to change to blue-shade lightings because apparently that soothes suicidal emotions.
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:14 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Erilea wrote:
Now my biggest concern is how it's possible that in was a murder-suicide. A mother just wouldn't kill her own kid.

Oh, murder-suicide has been all the rage in Japan due to the "Lost Decade" now closing on two decades. Parents taking their whole family with them. Also, train platforms had to change to blue-shade lightings because apparently that soothes suicidal emotions.

There was recently a case in the u.k. of a mother murdering her autistic son and trying to commit suicide herself, and she confessed to it as well, it's not like it never happens.
Haterater

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:43 pm Reply with quote
But what enurtsol said can't be discarded if murder-suicide has been up for Japan due to that problem. That's the only reason I can think of that the police would even think that the mother would do this as one of the top reasons.

I believe its an accident, personally. I feel for him and the family, and hope the police can bring closure.
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:57 pm Reply with quote
broken-serenity wrote:
Given the average size of japanese apartments it wouldnt take much gas to cause a fatal accident so the police claiming otherwise sounds abit suspect....something tells me this isnt the last we'll hear about this tragic accident(which given the placement of bodies it more than likely was).

Except that the report mentions 'second floor bedroom' which indicates that they lived in a house or two floor apartment and therefore it wouldn't have been so confined. It also says that she collapsed near the entrance of said bedroom and her son was on the bed. It doesn't mention whether the door was closed or not. If it was then they may be investigating the possibly that she closed herself and her son in the room to make it a confined space so it would be easier to die via gas.
keikanna44

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:08 pm Reply with quote
This is the saddest news I've heard in a long time. My heart goes out to him. I hope it wasn't a suicide that would be even more tragic. Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2