• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3rd Madoka Magica Film to Open in U.S., Canada on December 6

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:54 pm Reply with quote
What is this cruelty? They listed the Canadian Theatres and its actually in my city for once, but they don't mention any Canadian showtimes, just the theatres.
Vracer111

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Nice, looks like on 12/7 I'll see an anime title at a theater for the first time with this release...
Kokoroanime

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Birmingham is over 4 hours from here. So, I hope it gets one screen for Mobile, and I hope a cinema in downtown picks it up in that possible, just like they did for From Up On Poppy Hill.

Last edited by Kokoroanime on Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
L stole my cookie!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Every time something anime related happens here in Florida, it's always too far away from where I live! EVERY. FRICKIN'. TIME. I hope it gets streamed online but I doubt it will with my luck. Sad
boricua88

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Alright, definitely going to the one in Yonkers. It`s ten minutes from were I live.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
homara

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Kohii wrote:
During finals week? FML!

I know right! Man I was hoping it'd come out thanksgiving weekend, but I guess that would have been too much competition with regular releases. AHH gotta find a way to make it!
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:32 pm Reply with quote
in my city, but i maybe out of town during that week. lol
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Aniplex is weird. They dubbed the Blue Exorcist movie for it's theatrical release, but why not this? Not that it matters anyway. No listings were mentioned for my state. The Blue Exorcist movie DID play on a couple screens in Virginia, and Poppy Hill did too.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Nothing for Virginia or Maryland.
Arakiba

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:15 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Nothing for Virginia or Maryland.

May want to read again.

The Movies at Montgomery Mall. Though its listed as DC (which isn't that hard for people from NoVA or Maryland to reach), as its name suggests, its in Montgomery (Bethesda, to be specific), Maryland.

Ticket site for it seems to be getting slammed something fierce, however. Been trying for the past hour.
sarroush

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Going to the Montreal screening!
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Those... are some pretty god awful times.

I'm probably not gonna be able to make that showing in Buffalo so... That really pisses me off. That's an extremely prime time for a lot of younger people (kids in high school and college) and anyone tied to a business or retail or school/education based job to be invested in something so... That's probably half of your potential sales lost. I'm referring to the time frame of 'right before the holiday season' by the way, versus say, the early january/mid january showing for film 1 and 2, which were during winter break for a good number of people.

I can only hope there may be extra show times added, but what do I know... All I can do is avoid spoilers like crazy I guess!
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
Time to start refreshing the theater's homepage every hour, until I see the tickets go up for sale. At least there are multiple showings in Seattle.

You did see the part on the Grand Illusion's website that says they don't do advance ticket sales for most movies, right?
grooven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:10 am Reply with quote
Er mer gerd they are playing it in winnipeg
FlamingFirewire wrote:
What is this cruelty? They listed the Canadian Theatres and its actually in my city for once, but they don't mention any Canadian showtimes, just the theatres.
You will have to look it up on the theater website also they usually only have showtimes up in certain time frame.
kawaiirunner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:37 am Reply with quote
I really want to go to the premier event! but it's a weekday and starts at 530...such a horrible time. Hollywood is only a 20 minute drive for me, but on a weekday in rush hour traffic its 2 hours! How will I ever make it after work ;__;
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5