• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NAKAIMO - My Little Sister Is Among Them! Anime's English Cast Confirmed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MentalMachine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:08 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Sam, why you do this to me. Anime cry

You don't HAVE to watch the dub. You can, y'know, watch an official subbed version. Or you can import the Japanese DVDs, learn Japanese and watch it that way. Not defending Saban, since they make 4kids level dubs(if not worse) but you don't need a dub. There are these things called subtitles, y'know
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:10 am Reply with quote
MentalMachine wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Sam, why you do this to me. Anime cry

You don't HAVE to watch the dub. You can, y'know, watch an official subbed version. Or you can import the Japanese DVDs, learn Japanese and watch it that way. Not defending Saban, since they make 4kids level dubs(if not worse) but you don't need a dub. There are these things called subtitles, y'know

Oh hey, you never responded to my response to that nutty PM you sent me! What, did you not get the reaction you were trolling for?

Also lol you're defending this as just a "dub".
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:12 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
getchman wrote:
but that implies that he wants to do this and that with his sister, which he doesn't
I'll take your word for it. However you can't deny that his sister wants to do "this and that" with him and is going to do everything possible to make sure he and she get "connected".

Wow its almost like some of us have watched the show and you haven't!

Anyway, the show is very dumb, but it was very devoted to being dumb in its own particular way, which made it rather charming.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:28 am Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
VORTIA wrote:

I'm pretty sure Pretty Cure's been pandering to otaku since at least Smile. Also, Card Captor Sakura and Sailor Moon both got dubs, they were just horrific hack-jobs.
Those are just the barnacles that have encrusted themselves to Pre-Cure along the way. The true target demo was always and still is pre-teen girls. As for CCS and SM dubs, you can't compare audio dubbing of the 90's with dubbing technology of today. The VAs are also much more experienced today too.

FYI Pretty Cure is getting dubbed by Saban... Well, not "dubbed" as much as localized, I'm sure. It seems the working title is Glitter Force if you want to go by US Trademark applications.

It's still rumor based on a single Italian press release from RIA but I've basically confirmed it with my own sources.

WHY????
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
getchman wrote:
but that implies that he wants to do this and that with his sister, which he doesn't
I'll take your word for it. However you can't deny that his sister wants to do "this and that" with him and is going to do everything possible to make sure he and she get "connected".

well that's were things get really weird. I don't know if you have seen Please Twins, but the sister starts acting exactly like Karen does in the OVA once the truth is revealed
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:30 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:

well that's were things get really weird. I don't know if you have seen Please Twins, but the sister starts acting exactly like Karen does in the OVA once the truth is revealed
Nope, neither are my cuppa actually.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
getchman wrote:

ok then. basically she acts spoiler[like a clingy, jealous, cockblocker. he's my big brother, he should devote all of his free time paying attention to me and there is no way you will ever be good enough for him.] stuff like that
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:47 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
getchman wrote:

ok then. basically she acts spoiler[like a clingy, jealous, cockblocker. he's my big brother, he should devote all of his free time paying attention to me and there is no way you will ever be good enough for him.] stuff like that
And that's the reason. Wink
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Pretty Cure was already dubbed for Canada BTW.
MentalMachine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:19 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Pretty Cure was already dubbed for Canada BTW.

Crappy dub, like all of BW's dubs. The name changes and script changes were also bad. I wish all Japanese companies do what Miyazaki does and makes sure any dub changes go through them, rather than making their own shit up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3