• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNual Pumpkin Carving Contest [2013-10-18]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fastandman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:48 am Reply with quote
Sixx_and_Stones wrote:
Here's a question: I entered my pumpkin in the contest last night. Will there be a way to know if the entry was was successfully submitted? Or should I just wait until current entries post is updated? This is my first time entering the contest so that's why I'm asking. Very Happy

If you got no error message in you email saying your email was not send for some reason, then just wait until later this afternoon for entries to be updated. they updated like once or twice a day, depending on how many submissions they have. good luck.
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:52 pm Reply with quote
): I'm not going to have enough free time to do my pumpkin until the 4th. One day late, boo
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:53 pm Reply with quote
WitchWatcher wrote:
how many attack on titan entries do you think are going to be submitted?

Every year there seems to be a dominant anime and AoT seems to be the one for this year. But that shouldn't be a surprise considering how popular and recent it was.
Sixx_and_Stones

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:07 pm Reply with quote
writerpatrick wrote:
WitchWatcher wrote:
how many attack on titan entries do you think are going to be submitted?

Every year there seems to be a dominant anime and AoT seems to be the one for this year. But that shouldn't be a surprise considering how popular and recent it was.

I'm guilty of jumping on the bandwagon. ^^; But AoT is perfect for Halloween! I mean, with some anime, it's kind of hard to justify incorporating it into Halloween because the characters aren't scary. But AoT is full of horrific imagery and has so many terrible creatures, it just becomes a matter of choosing how you want to scare the trick or treat-ers.
RapidEyeMovement

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:33 am Reply with quote
I sent in my entry 2 days ago and it still isn't on the site. Did it reach you guys or did I make an error?
fastandman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:50 am Reply with quote
just like last weekend, saturday and sunday entries will be posted on monday. and voting should probably start on monday too. can't wait too see the pumpkins that where submitted over the weekend
Nunnanation31

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:24 am Reply with quote
Well... I'm a little relieved and aggravated right now. I knew finishing mine was going to come down to the wire (I didn't even put in the amount of detail I really wanted), and then Yahoo email wouldn't cooperate with me (took a long time and then wouldn't allow me to attach files). I ended up submitting mine a couple minutes or so late via a different email, not to mention I hurriedly picked one of the pictures I took (and not that great of one). Crying or Very sad Oh well, at least I can rest now.
fastandman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:40 pm Reply with quote
wow, some really good entries out there. i wonder who is going to get top spot
Forte-sama

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:43 am Reply with quote
Maybe it's because I'm just not really tech-savvy when it comes to computers, but is anyone else confused about the voting process? Or for that matter, is anyone even getting it to work correctly?
pinkbunny1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:35 am Reply with quote
Think computerized sports-bracket style elimination. You judge each pumpkin in sets of two. Your judgement of each carving against another reduces the logic tree to rank them. It can be a bit tedious, as there are many combinations, but you'll reach an endpoint.
LlamaMaster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Is the "I can't decide" button broken for anybody else too? I tried in FireFox and Chrome, but it does nothing in both, so I'm always forced to pick one picture or the other. I feel like this might screw up the results quite a bit.
Pleinair

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:43 pm Reply with quote
My cannot decide button is broken as well, and I don't want to pick either on some of them.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
fastandman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Same here, even on my apple devices is broken. I agree that it can hurt some of the rankings has some are too close to decide
Juno016

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Same. Every time I get to my own Pumpkin, I want to click the "I can't decide" button, but it won't let me, so I'm forced to choose. I don't think that's fair to everyone...
LlamaMaster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:46 pm Reply with quote
I contacted them, and one of the people said they would look into the issue. Sadly I think the damage is pretty much done at this point though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4