Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix Streams Ga-Rei Zero Anime in Instant Lineup




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jmfsilenthill



Joined: 31 Aug 2009
Posts: 1863
Location: Chinese cartoons are srs biz
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Too bad I live in Canada, where Netflix is utterly craptastic. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kougeru



Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 3733
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:07 am Reply with quote
funny. i was trying to re-watch this on hulu but they only had like 1 episode or something. dub or sub, i wont complain...started reading the manga [which the anime is a prequel to] and enjoying it a lot so i wanted to rewatch this....thank you funimation and netflix
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
here-and-faraway



Joined: 21 Jun 2007
Posts: 1420
Location: Sunny California
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:33 am Reply with quote
Wow. I'm surprised that it's available so soon after the DVD release. I notice that Funimation has a lot of its titles, especially newer ones, available for "Watch Instantly". I have to admit I like watching things on Netflix a lot better than Hulu. (No commercials and the shows are uncensored.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fireaxe



Joined: 07 Jul 2006
Posts: 503
Location: Trois-Rivieres, Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:42 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
funny. i was trying to re-watch this on hulu but they only had like 1 episode or something. dub or sub, i wont complain...started reading the manga [which the anime is a prequel to] and enjoying it a lot so i wanted to rewatch this....thank you funimation and netflix

Really? How far are you into the manga? I mean, I'm a huge, HUGE fan of the anime series, and own 9 volumes of the manga.... but I've been utterly disappointed by the latter. The first volume is actually pretty good, but anything past the Yomi-arc is just a generic run-of-the-mill shounen series.

I'm extremely pleased to see that the anime will some more exposure though, it definitely deserves it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nadir-seen-fire



Joined: 05 May 2009
Posts: 90
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:44 am Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Too bad I live in Canada, where Netflix is utterly craptastic. Laughing

Same here... Anime on Netflix is crap IMHO anyways, despite having the capabilities to let you switch language and sub tracks (really, even Canada has some Netflix items you can switch languages for), they don't offer anything but dub for any anime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MrHatandClogs



Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 279
Location: Between two ferns!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:02 am Reply with quote
nadir-seen-fire wrote:
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Too bad I live in Canada, where Netflix is utterly craptastic. Laughing

Same here... Anime on Netflix is crap IMHO anyways, despite having the capabilities to let you switch language and sub tracks (really, even Canada has some Netflix items you can switch languages for), they don't offer anything but dub for any anime.


That suck for you guys. There is tons of dub and sub anime on Netflix. Viz Just added MAR, BLeach, Naruto, Death Note, Honey and Clover, Nana, and Hikaru no Go is subbed format a little while ago. And, they used to have the Yamato movies, but have recently removed them.

FUNi is great, thank you yet again for another series to watch.
/devouring!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
kurichan69



Joined: 16 Feb 2009
Posts: 19
Location: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:32 am Reply with quote
MrHatandClogs wrote:
That suck for you guys. There is tons of dub and sub anime on Netflix. Viz Just added MAR, BLeach, Naruto, Death Note, Honey and Clover, Nana, and Hikaru no Go is subbed format a little while ago. And, they used to have the Yamato movies, but have recently removed them.


You consider those 8 subtitled properties (the ones you mentioned plus Death Note) to be "a ton" of subbed anime?! Despite constant complaints to Netflix, they continue to add dub-only titles for instant watch without also having the hard disk for rental. It's really become rather ridiculous. When they do post about it, they just give a stock "We are continually adding titles as they become available" which is meaningless. I can't get any information about the license availability but all the titles they do have are available on hard disk and all the titles are available on other sites in the subbed format, so I and others who want the subbed version are left frustrated with Netflix's refusal to address our issue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Saturn



Joined: 08 Aug 2002
Posts: 507
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:43 am Reply with quote
kurichan69 wrote:
When they do post about it, they just give a stock "We are continually adding titles as they become available" which is meaningless. I can't get any information about the license availability but all the titles they do have are available on hard disk and all the titles are available on other sites in the subbed format, so I and others who want the subbed version are left frustrated with Netflix's refusal to address our issue.


Typical Netflix customer service. Take, for example, when I was getting a series on dvd and three times in a row I ended up with disks that were completely unwatchable, two of them having very visible cracks; and two of those disks were replaced with *other* broken disks. Fed up, I called them, and was told that my mailman must not like that series.
This is what happens when a company has no competition to keep it in check -_-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TG72



Joined: 28 Jan 2011
Posts: 327
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:50 pm Reply with quote
I entered a few days ago to criticize Funimation, so to give credit when due I appreciate them adding this and the Eden of the East movie. Arigato!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Loading next article...