• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex of America Streams Rurouni Kenshin Blu-Ray Promo

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Casey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:16 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
I don't import a lot of merchandise anymore. I figure this will probably be just one of the few thousand things I ever buy in my life that will ever be worth paying extra for. Otherwise, I'd wait for a domestic release, like the new TV series that will more than likely be licensed and distributed on BD in the states.

Distributed by Aniplex, you mean.

In which case, if it'll be a total reboot of the manga ala FMA:B, it'll probably cost you three paychecks down the road to finish it. Can't you see it's all just a trick? They're doing this to control you. What's next? Protein-based nanomachines in our cereal?
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:17 am Reply with quote
...eh, nice sh*t resolution preview for what could possibly turn out to be the greatest HD telecine EVER Rolling Eyes Are you really expecting this junky teaser to lure in consumers, Aniplex?

hissatsu01 wrote:
You seriously expect them to make available the JP release in the US, simultaneously with Japan, and for significantly less? I know if I had a market that gave me 90% of my revenue, and another less than 10%, I'd do all I could to decrease the revenues from the first in favor of the latter... Anime dazed

Yeahhh...I wouldn't even waste my time explaining this here Laughing
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:52 pm Reply with quote
If the clip is from the blu-ray, it's not much of an improvement if any over what I already own. Barring a significant change in the quality, I think I'll be passing up on this release.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:06 am Reply with quote
Guren Alchemist4 wrote:
If the clip is from the blu-ray, it's not much of an improvement if any over what I already own. Barring a significant change in the quality, I think I'll be passing up on this release.

Wait till Aniplex gets their head on straight and releases an HD clip. Guarantee it will blow your mind...and suck $65 right from your wallet ha ha ha Very Happy

This clip is just a garbled low-res mess that shouldn't even have been used.
SecretAgent94

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:01 pm Reply with quote
That trailer was pretty lame.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2