• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex Rents Garden of Sinners on PlayStation Network

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Well, that's nice and all, but wouldn't it be better to let people actually own this? Confused But what also sucks about Playstation Network Video section is when you purchase a video, and it gets deleted on accident, you can't go back and re-download it... Rolling Eyes
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:57 pm Reply with quote
I wish they would release it at a cheaper price so I could afford the damn thing..oh well nothing I can do about it.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:01 am Reply with quote
BTW, some GoS is playing @ this year's AM2.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:59 am Reply with quote
Well well, interesting that this is Aniplex's first foray into electronic rental... Maybe there's hope yet for the John Caseys of the world. Laughing

Seriously though, I hope this is an experiment for testing KnK's viability with a larger market. If I were one of the many looking for a true stateside release I'd totally buy these up--I mean it's 21 bucks for 8+ hours of content, I'd hardly call that an awful price tag. Though they could stand to offer it in HD at that price...

Here's to still hoping everybody gets their cheaper KnK release! Smile

Last edited by Big Hed on Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:05 am Reply with quote
$3 for a one day(?) rental of a movie that's under an hour long? No thanks. I'd pay $3 a piece to rent the two full length films, but the other 5 need to be knocked down to at least $2.

EDIT: Srsly, what's up with this filter. I very intentionally typed "thanks" as "t-h-x" and it changes it to "thanks"...
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:34 am Reply with quote
While I'm glad I'll finally be able to watch these for a reasonable price, I have several gripes about this digital release. I originally posted this over at Mania:

Quote:
I just checked and it appears that only movies 1-4 and 6 are there right now. I guess movies 5 and 7 will be added later?

But I had quite alot of trouble looking them up. They're not the easiest things to find.

The distributor is listed as "ufotable" so they don't appear in the list of Aniplex stuff in the Anime section. Actually, I didn't see them anywhere in the Anime Movie section. I could only find them by searching for them directly or looking through the G's of the "Movies for Rent" or "View All Movies" sections. They weren't even listed in the "New Release Movies for Rent" section even though they were just added.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:35 am Reply with quote
SD with 2.0 audio. Aniplex keeps on dangling that carrot...hahahaha.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:49 am Reply with quote
Unholy_Nny wrote:
$3 for a one day(?) rental of a movie that's under an hour long? No thanks. I'd pay $3 a piece to rent the two full length films, but the other 5 need to be knocked down to at least $2.

EDIT: Srsly, what's up with this filter. I very intentionally typed "thanks" as "t-h-x" and it changes it to "thanks"...

2.99 is the lowest base fee Sony has setup for movie rentals. Aniplex has nothing to do with it, well unless you want Aniplex to lie and call the first movie a TV show in order to appease your sense of value.
Racheldoublemm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:23 am Reply with quote
Really nice to see this on an affordable format even if it's not ideal. Perhaps with this there will be a potential hard copy version that might just cost you a reasonable portion of your paycheck and not the arm that you sign with.

I think I like the idea that more people will be able to see it more than I like the idea of it being affordable. I got lucky for the New People screening and I'm very thankful for it.
Brand

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:24 am Reply with quote
It's a good step forward now if they could get on Netflix or something.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:35 am Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:

2.99 is the lowest base fee Sony has setup for movie rentals. Aniplex has nothing to do with it, well unless you want Aniplex to lie and call the first movie a TV show in order to appease your sense of value.

Same thing with iOS apps. Apple sets the prices for everyone. iOS developers know this.
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:58 am Reply with quote
Anime Remix wrote:
Well, that's nice and all, but wouldn't it be better to let people actually own this? Confused But what also sucks about Playstation Network Video section is when you purchase a video, and it gets deleted on accident, you can't go back and re-download it... Rolling Eyes

You can back up your PS3 files to an external HDD/flash drive etc.

This is awesome, at least I can finally watch them legally.
BeanBandit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:31 am Reply with quote
Man I can't believe all the complaining Rolling Eyes Considering their offering this at all is enough for me, especially considering the only way one could watch this legally previously was dropping $400 on that blu-ray set. I just hope Aniplex decides to make this available to Canadian PSN users at some point as I would totally check these out.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:38 pm Reply with quote
My issue is that I can't even log into the playstation network to change my password, I wouldn't mind renting them if I could actually log in, but I don't have a nice PS3, I have a PSP, so I don't think it would look that great on my tiny screen anyway.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:00 pm Reply with quote
I had to reset my password via the site before I could log back in on my PSP.

BeanBandit wrote:
I just hope Aniplex decides to make this available to Canadian PSN users at some point as I would totally check these out.

Press Release wrote:
Aniplex of America Inc. announced today that The Garden of Sinners—a critically-lauded seven-chapter animated epic and Japan theatrical box office smash—is now available for rent on the PlayStation®Network's video-on-demand service via the PlayStation®Store for download onto PlayStation®3 (PS3™) and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) systems in both the United States and Canada.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4