• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bosch explains E7 dub

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whearn9999

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:27 am Reply with quote
Very cool vid! I actually got to meet him at Shiokazecon earlier this year. Anytime he talks, I always hear Vash. To me, Renton sounds a lot like "Hyper Vash".
RezSav

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:04 am Reply with quote
Great video, I'm not sure weather that apple trick was real or schtick.
bennyb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:50 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the link! That guy is up there on my favorite english voice actors (coughVASHcough), and the dynamics of his voice are seriously impressive.

Girliness fit with a 13-year old character, just so long as Ichigo doesn't sound prepubescent, I'll be happy. Very Happy
Clodus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:23 am Reply with quote
ooooo that sure woke me up from the boring ol routine. that was a great video funny as heck to me and let me thinkin about some things too. i personally liked e7 dubbing, i think he will do a good job on bleach. off to school now
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:32 pm Reply with quote
selenta wrote:
God, this video reminded me why I don't watch the dubbed version. I absolutely abhor the way they say Eureka, it's not like the Japanese did, and it's not like the English word it was intended to be in the first place.

Geez, I am surprized you even clicked on it. Why torture yourself. Wink Smile

But really I actually have grown fond of the way they say it, so it is not such a big deal for me. Kinda cute actually.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:46 pm Reply with quote
It bothered me at first as well, but I've grown accustomed to it and while I wasn't fond of Renton's voice at first I've also grown accustomed that as well. Not to mention I think his voice actually improved some since the start.
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Geez, I am surprized you even clicked on it. Why torture yourself. Wink Smile

But really I actually have grown fond of the way they say it, so it is not such a big deal for me. Kinda cute actually.

Yah yah, obviously I wasn't thinking about what I was doing.

You like it?! Eww. If there was ever a time for that word "debauchery" (in place of that other word people don't seem to like), or "defilement" of language (in general, since it applies to more than one simultaneously)... this is one of the best things I can come up with. Now excuse me, I'm going to go cry in the corner. Anime cry
Anime Wench

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:33 pm Reply with quote
That was really interesting. I wish more studios would do things like that. I've heard other VA's describe what goes on, but it was nice to actually be able to see it.
Whearn9999

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:05 pm Reply with quote
RezSav wrote:

Actually, I've heard several other VA's say the same thing about green apples stopping the click sound. There are some other foods as well, but I can't remember them.
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Whearn9999 wrote:
RezSav wrote:

Actually, I've heard several other VA's say the same thing about green apples stopping the click sound. There are some other foods as well, but I can't remember them.

Does it really have to be green? Why don't red ones work? I thought that part was a joke.
Whearn9999

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess: Hmm, that part was never explained. Perhaps it's a particular "ingredient" in a green apple that has the property to remove the click sound. Like maybe what makes a green apple taste different than a red apple? I'm only guessing, though.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:26 pm Reply with quote
I know back in the day my mom used to say red apples have more "wax" on them, but I am pretty sure that it wasn't "wax" she was talking about. But it must have been something.
Hisdon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess wrote:
Whearn9999 wrote:
RezSav wrote:

Does it really have to be green? Why don't red ones work? I thought that part was a joke.

green apples taste kinda sour so I assume the natural acids in them is what does it.
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:40 am Reply with quote
He always has made Renton sound something like Toboe from Wolf's Rain.

And for the record, it's pronounced "yoo-ree-ka", not "Elrecka"! GET IT RIGHT, HERR BOSCH!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Iritscen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:12 am Reply with quote
"Yoo-ree-ka" is a silly gringo way of saying the Greek word. It's supposed to be "Eh-uh-reh-ka", which is how I hear it being said in the dub.

I was not too fond of Renton's voice at first, even though I love J. Bosch for his work as Vash, but the last episode I heard sounded better. I have only seen like half the episodes aired so far because CN keeps moving the show around and my ****ing TV Guide is completely useless.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3