• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gatchaman Crowds Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:37 am Reply with quote
Cool, I 'll definitely watch. The ending of the first definitely had some loose strings so this is very welcome news.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:53 am Reply with quote
I did not expect that. I had heard about a possible short continuation to elaborate upon the ending. That would have been good, but this is better.

Gatchaman Crowds was another surprise treat that I took to late in the season, but I'm glad that I did. Something with real thematic ambition and a protagonist who's appealing and admirable in a quirky way deserves to exist in larger quantities. I was surprisingly content with the finale, but it would be no trouble to continue thence. I really hope that they'll take this opportunity to challenge their own message at least a little and be the rare work that stands for something, but is responsible to drag is through the mud when it merits. This could also offer a chance to expand upon the other characters. I came away from Gatchaman Crowds feeling like the supporting cast hadn't been given as much attention as I'd like. That said, I look forward to more Hajime.

We've been getting a lot of damned good news lately.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:40 am Reply with quote
I liked this show but Japan didn't seem so impressed with it. Count me surprised honestly.

An OVA might have been expected but a whole new Season is very surprising
Sobe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:41 am Reply with quote
;D Yay! A second season! I can only hope it'll continue where the first season left off. I'm curious to see what happened to everyone. There are a lot of unanswered questions of who's still here and who isn't here anymore.
epicrevenge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:49 am Reply with quote
This is brilliant news! Very Happy

Gatchaman Crowds really surprised me and I enjoyed it a lot. However, the ending felt rushed and some things were not resolved and explained well at all. Hopefully this second season will put that right and answer the unanswered questions we have! I can't wait to watch this.
Soliia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:44 am Reply with quote
With the ending the way it was, I expected a continuation of some sort, but not necessarily an entire season. So I'm a bit surprised. But hey, this is certainly good news! It wasn't my favorite show in the world, but it was a whole lot of fun to watch.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:12 am Reply with quote
Sweet anther season all ways good
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:21 pm Reply with quote
This was probably my biggest disappointment last season as I really expected it to get me through a pretty weak IMO Summer season, but I just did not like the characters or much of anything at all and ended up dropping it after 4 episodes. Good news for the people that liked it I guess though.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Totally good news. Like everyone else hoping they address the issues with the final episode of season one.
rheiders

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:58 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping for an OVA to wrap up the ending, but this is better! (^^) This was a really fun show, looking forward to more.
gwiat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:12 pm Reply with quote
YES! I am so excited the first season was so much fun! Can't wait for the next one.
Crisha

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Oh thank you thank you thank you. I would have just been happy with an OVA that wrapped up some of the big, glaring errors of the final few episodes. I probably wouldn't be so harsh on the ending - because it did wrap up several threads pretty well, thematically addressed one of its biggest, and kept it very interesting - but the prior episodes were just so good that the ending was a bit hard to swallow. As I mentioned in the series thread, the lack of emotional catharsis was really off-puting, and is one of the biggest offenses for me in terms of a poor ending.

Don't make us care about certain characters and then give us no resolution in regards to them.

In other words, spoiler[throw us some sort of f***ing bone in regards to OD. Dead? Alive? It doesn't matter (though I'd much prefer if he survived), but wrap it up and wrap it up well.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Cool surprise Smile
phia_one

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:44 pm Reply with quote
This is exciting news! I hope we get to know the other characters better this time.
Nagatoka_Morito

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:41 am Reply with quote
I'm not one of the folks who was super-duper impressed with the first season (I liked Hajime, but felt that she was really treading thin Mary Sue ice, especially towards the end; and the only other character I honestly cared about was Joe, and he only got sporadic screentime), but it was interesting enough. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the new season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3