• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gatchaman Crowds Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:44 am Reply with quote
I'm a little worried that the original premise might not support a whole new season. While the closure in the last episode left much to be desired, it *did* provide some. So, I'm not sure where they're going to go with this now. Sometimes too much of a good thing ruins it, but probably I'm just being a worrywart and should just wait and see what they come up with.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:11 am Reply with quote
Superhero shows always have new villains. After all, the Gatchaman were around long before the Berg man, doing superhero stuff.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:33 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed season 1. I thought it wrapped plenty well for what it was trying to do, but if they want more I'll eat it up. Wink
ZodiacBeast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:21 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed Crowds. It's not the best but it's a good solid show that doesn't have any glaring faults except for a weak ending, which wasn't intentional.

To those who don't know, apparently episodes 11 and 12 were heavily changed because of executive meddling and the box set that comes out in January will restore what was taken out in some fashion. I'm glad that we'll be able to see what the writers originally intended the ending to be.

Once we see that I'm sure that a new season would show the interaction between Hajime and Berg as well as new/previously unseen Gatchas. I have a feeling that a Gatcha that has become disillusioned with his powers/responsibilities might be a major antagonist.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:56 pm Reply with quote
If that is true and is not grist for the rumor mill, hopefully something will be posted on ANN about it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3