• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Some inconsistencies

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:52 am Reply with quote
Here are some inconsistencies I've found while browsing. Please deal with them as you wish.

Maria Watches Over Us Season 2: Printemps (TV)
anime#4175

This says "Season 2", but other Maria Watches Over Us entries say "3rd Season" and "4th Season".

(Edit note: User Touma, below, solved the Maria Watches Over Us instance)

===

Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi (TV)
anime#12218

Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi Season 2 (TV)
anime#13288

The first season has a capital I in Ichi and no dash. The second season has a lowercase i in ichi and does have a dash.

===

Shikabane Hime: Kuro (TV)
anime#10417

The first season has been retitled to "Corpse Princess". As FUNimation sell both seasons as Corpse Princess, perhaps this one should be changed to "Corpse Princess Season 2". Another option could be to label the two as "Corpse Princess - Shikabane Hime Aka" and "Corpse Princess - Shikabane Hime Kuro". FUNimation have titled them that way on their Website at points.

===

When They Cry - Higurashi (TV)
anime#6134

The other entries in this franchise use "Higurashi" first, and I think this one should as well. This one would be able to sit with the others within its own franchise in alphabetical order if the naming was changed. Perhaps "Higurashi - When They Cry" works here. The license that used the "When They Cry" name has also expired, if it matters.

If that isn't acceptable, then I point out the NA boxes seem to use "When They Cry - Higurashi no Naku Koroni".

===

Higurashi no Naku Koroni Kai (TV)
anime#7454

Higurashi no Naku Koroni Gaiden Nekogoroshi-hen (OAV)
anime#8766

These both read "Koroni". Shouldn't it be "Koro ni"? Some of the other entries use "Koro ni" already. Another option would be to make all be "Koroni", of course.

===

XXXHOLiC (TV)
anime#6052

Three uppercase X. Some other entries in this franchise have only one uppercase X, and some have only lowercase x.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Touma

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
Maria Watches Over Us Season 2: Printemps (TV)
anime#4175

This says "Season 2", but other Maria Watches Over Us entries say "3rd Season" and "4th Season".

I do not know if there is any reason for it but the boxed sets from Nozomi are the same:
Season One
Season Two
3rd Season
4th Season
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1