• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jobs at Funimation

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daxomni

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Becki_Kurosaki wrote:
I'd love to apply for the Graphic Artist position, but I'm from Florida, and the studio's in Texas. Anime cry And I'm still a senior in high school. ^^"

Does anyone here know if they would accept at-home workers? o.o [/potentially dumb question]

My employer has work-at-home positions with notebooks connected through VPN's, but most of those positions are being moved off-shore these days. After all, if you can do the work at your home, then there's probably an Indian or Chinese worker who's willing to do similar work with longer hours and less pay.

My own position allows me to work from home a few days a month, but that also means I sometimes have to wake up at 2:00AM and start diagnosing some problem or other without delay. It's a double-edged sword at best.
truanifan678

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Becki_Kurosaki wrote:
I'd love to apply for the Graphic Artist position, but I'm from Florida, and the studio's in Texas. Anime cry And I'm still a senior in high school. ^^"

Does anyone here know if they would accept at-home workers? o.o [/potentially dumb question]

I wanna know too. Has anyone related to the company asnwered this question? If not, will they? I'd really like to know! Very Happy

I hope I don't sound rude... I've been running around all day.
Yup. That's my excuse.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:49 pm Reply with quote
truanifan678 wrote:

I wanna know too. Has anyone related to the company asnwered this question? If not, will they? I'd really like to know! Very Happy

I hope I don't sound rude... I've been running around all day.
Yup. That's my excuse.

Er, I'm sure someone from Funimation can answer this but I'm pretty sure it would mention that in the job listing if they were looking for a graphic designer who would telecommute. Normally that sort of thing is in the job listing itself... and frankly there's no reason to believe that they're looking for that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2