• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - The End

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TJF588

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Never rightly got into this comic (was I even rightly aware of it? I want to say "yes"...), but I'll take it as coincidental providence to've visited the ANN the last day Nina's chipper chibi face came fresh to greet my occasional visits up there in the corner. End of an era; even I can tell that much.

Aside: Would that happen to be a chibi Robin in the foreground?
Ryusui

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:40 pm Reply with quote
See you, Space Cowboys, and many happy trails!
TheTheory

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:43 pm Reply with quote
I can't remember the last time I logged into ANN; usually the only times I come to the site now is when someone asks me for a recommendation and I need to visit my My Anime list to see what all I've actually seen.

But back when I was a regular I really loved the weekly Nina strips. Always gave me a boost to my day. Always well done, even the few I didn't understand because I hadn't watched the right series to get the reference. Yet those were surprisingly few and far between; a testament to how Robin was able to craft an anime-referential comic that spoke to the universality of the subculture.

I started tearing up when I randomly guided my browser to ANN and saw the Last Comic banner. Even though I had no idea if I was in the middle of a story arc or what, I clicked through and relished each glorious panel.

Thank You for the time and sharing your art and funnies.
I have never viewed candy the same way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:58 pm Reply with quote
It might be the end of the Anime News Nina! comic strip, but it's not the end of Nina and her friends. I'm sure their story will continue! Very Happy

(But thank you Robin, for sharing so much of it with us!) Smile
Thallium

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Saying goodbye to this comic actually makes me kinda sad as well. Thanks you so much for making this, i had a lot of fun reading it the past years.
grooven

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for all your hard work and the many laughs you gave us all Smile
brucepuppy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Goodbye Nina & co, thanks for those awesome times up until now. I'm looking forward to buy the book when it's available.
L stole my cookie!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:39 pm Reply with quote
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Thanks for all these years of Nina awesomeness! I'm really going to miss Anime News Nina but I know every good thing must come to an end sooner or later.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:47 pm Reply with quote
I will marathon Ultimate Mop Daisuke DX in honor of the strip.

Eh, mostly the early material, before the Wax Shine Shinobu Arc, where I think the whole thing just kind of jumped the shark.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
daedelus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:32 am Reply with quote
Thank you for all the laughs and the tears, Robin!

I look forward to the book!
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:15 am Reply with quote
Thanks for all the great strips over the years Robin. I always loved that the strips not only provided good wit and all the anime-culture references, but also that it gave us a chance to step back and laugh at ourselves a little bit.

It was nice having something light-hearted on the site, not to mention as a mod it was particularly nice having talkback threads that I almost never had to worry about. At any rate, best of luck on your future endeavors. If you release a book for Nina you can count on my purchasing a copy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:55 am Reply with quote
Crystal wrote:
Been reading Nina for a few years. Shame to see it go, how long ago was that planned? there was some stuff a while ago I thought was gonna lead to more things . . .

Funny thing is I HAVE been to the Ghibli museum and saw the Kittenbus, I also tried to climb on it but was told not to by an employee. I was 16 at the time, depends on your definition of "child" . . . wonder if that "Children Only" sign is actually there (don't remember).

Last time I went, I don't remember anyone trying to jump on it... I mean, you can get in it, that's totally fine, but jumping on it is kind of rude.
mckg1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:02 am Reply with quote
I loved all the strips you have done over the years. I hope many good things come your way Smile
Msag

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:02 am Reply with quote
Goodbye Robin! This last strip was just sublime, with the catbus (oh nostalgia) and such a VISION of cherry blossoms (really those last few panels were so beautiful they looked like a painting). And then the characters bowing in the end... Smile Your comic has made me laugh so many times, and I just know you're going to do great with your future endeavors. Much love.
DTJB

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:36 pm Reply with quote
This was a very fun ride, thank you so much Robin.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6