• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach - [adult swim] broadcast.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering just that about Koga, too. What is it with the Kuchiki clan and having issues with outsiders who join the family? Taking one's wife's name and gaining a prominent place in her prestigious family is known to happen in Japan (and other cultures), but I doubt it's nearly as common as anime makes it out to be! Razz

I'm upset that Koga's wife hasn't been named and we've barely seen her. At least she's acknowledged at all!

I haven't been watching all the eps in this arc, but when I noticed this ep was a flashback, I actually watched both airings! I love flashbacks, and Bleach does pretty good ones. But it still left us with more questions than answers. What happened to the rebellion after Koga was framed? What exactly happened after Koga escaped/disappeared? How did the Kuchiki's deal with the aftermath?

We need more flashback!
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
What happened to the rebellion after Koga was framed? What exactly happened after Koga escaped/disappeared? How did the Kuchiki's deal with the aftermath?

We need more flashback!

Hopefully next week those questions will be answered but sometimes I just feel that the Bleach writers/directors just love leaving things hanging...like that Capt. whatshisface arc where he was going to kill Old Man Yama...they never did say what happened to him!
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Amagai? I thought he died because he overused that sword which sucked the user's reatsu to become bigger and stabbier!

(Man, that sword thing is an overused trope. Once you've seen one chi-sucking sword, you've seen 'em all!)

Yeah, I'm worried that the writers will leave things hanging, but hopefully nothing too character-specific, like what happened to Koga's wife and father-in-law.
vashna

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:35 pm Reply with quote
While swords that gobble up the user's Chi might seem like it's an overused trope, I'll give it credit for having some basis in the genuine philosophies of several martial arts schools. Practitioners of Kendo, Taijiquan and several other arts refer to allowing one's own Chi to flow into the tip of their blade. Whether by spiritual, biological or mechanical processes, this is usually said to be an extremely important aspect of the art. Then again, martial arts that espouse these philosophies generally believe that only masters with decades of experience can actually do anything like that.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:12 am Reply with quote
Well, I kinda have to say I was a bit disappointed with the way Koga died. I mean, he just went **plop** and we never saw him again. Are we even sure he's actually dead.

Ichigo vs. Muramasa...that was done pretty good wasn't disappointed with that.

And now...Sword Beasts....

Sword Beasts? Really?

Sometimes I think that I'm a masochist in that I continue to watch this series.
blksylv

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:01 pm Reply with quote
well you've got another 20 or so eps before it gets back to the meat of the story again i.e. end of the filler lol.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:21 am Reply with quote
Let's not exaggerate. The episode aired on 6/2/2012 was #256. The main story arc resumes on #266. That means nine more filler episodes, not 20.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:18 am Reply with quote
Needed to reply to Rukiia, this is as good a place as any. Certainly a better place than the thread it came from.

Rukiia wrote:
Do you have proof of this? I read the manga and watched a good portion of the Anime and don't recall anyone saying that it was only Japanese souls that go to Soul Society. Rukia said something along the lines of "all souls go to soul society". Usually "all" indicates everyone.

Not to get into a discussion about Bleach here, but tell me, 99% of the souls we see in Soul Society are unambiguously of what ethnic race? What is the symbol painted on the backs of the captains' haoris? What nation used haoris? What feudal civilisation does the architecture of the buildings and the clothing of the people in the civilian areas remind you of? What language (apart from Spanish in the case of the Arrancars) is used for the naming of the swords? What nation even used katanas in the first place?

Exactly.

When Rukia talks about "all souls" she means all Japanese souls, not all souls per se. Although, maybe each culture has their own soul society, thereby keeping Rukia's words as factual; everyone goes to soul society but maybe not the same soul society. It would be pretty weird for a Catholic soul for example to go to the Japanese version of soul society which is based on oriental belief systems.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:10 am Reply with quote
Episode #263 - the one where Zabimaru and Senbonzakura visit the Research and Development center, may be the funniest episode of the whole series. That was a delight to watch.

But I'm still glad that this whole Sword Beast business will be wrapping up in only two more episodes and then we'll be back to the real story.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:18 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Episode #263 - the one where Zabimaru and Senbonzakura visit the Research and Development center, may be the funniest episode of the whole series. That was a delight to watch.

But I'm still glad that this whole Sword Beast business will be wrapping up in only two more episodes and then we'll be back to the real story.

Okay, so tonight's episode is the last of the Sword Beast arc?

If so...YAY!
Key

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:56 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Okay, so tonight's episode is the last of the Sword Beast arc?

If so...YAY!

Based on the upcoming episode titles, the next seven episodes or so should mostly or totally concern the Ichigo vs. Ulqiorra side of the conflict. Frankly, I'm more interested in seeing how the battle in the fake Karakura Town goes, but at least it's back to the main plot threads.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:03 am Reply with quote
That's great to know, now I can marathon Episodes 230-265 in one go Very Happy!

(I haven't watched the filler at all yet, lol)
Hiro94

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:57 am Reply with quote
Baby Naruto wrote:
That's great to know, now I can marathon Episodes 230-265 in one go Very Happy!

(I haven't watched the filler at all yet, lol)
You should be watching for the sake of Toonami:)
freezespell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:43 am Reply with quote
100 to go.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:43 pm Reply with quote
^What I thought when I saw that last night's was 266.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 106 of 107