• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - September 2nd - September 8th

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Attention Canadian Viewers: Those fortunate enough to be reading this on time should know Otomo's Memories is being rerun (I missed it the first time) on IFC (the Canadian one that is) tonight. It starts in less than 1/2 an hour where I live (in some places it may already be underway). Just wanted to let you know, and Godspeed.
Skycat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I'm shocked that we get bleach first on Ytv but I like how shimigami is being used in the dub. Also ytv when it says TBA its always a new epsoide.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:34 pm Reply with quote
i thought bleach was the 9th...thats what it says on the commericals at least
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Josh7289

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:57 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
i thought bleach was the 9th...thats what it says on the commericals at least

In the US, yes, it is on the 9th at 12:30 AM (actually Sunday morning).
sakuharu23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:19 am Reply with quote
Viz has some naming issues. When Naruto played, they constantly alternated between, "Shinobi" and "Ninja", which are basically the same thing. The same will probably happen for Bleach.

They'll probably say something like, "I am a Shinigami, a Soul Reaper."

That way those picky purist are happy, and those who DON'T watch the fansubs or know Japanese will know what the hell a Shinigami is.
sakuharu23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:23 am Reply with quote
sakuharu23 wrote:
Viz has some naming issues. When Naruto played, they constantly alternated between, "Shinobi" and "Ninja", which are basically the same thing. The same will probably happen for Bleach.

They'll probably say something like, "I am a Shinigami, a Soul Reaper."

That way those picky purist are happy, and those who DON'T watch the fansubs or know Japanese will know what the hell a Shinigami is.

Of course, I think they should just call them Death Gods. Shinigami means "God of Death," and "Soul Reaper" kind of takes away some of the cool effect. That MIGHT shut up the purists but you never know.
X_A

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:46 am Reply with quote
Uhm, according to the guide and commercials - Trinity Blood will also be starting on Cartoon Network right along with Bleach - might wanna put that in...

X A
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Naruto has had like news episodes since 2 Months ago(July) in Canada. It's that YTV is lazy you see so ya that's why they don't put Episode Titles. Also I recall G.I Joe Sigma 6 premiering this week on YTV it's animated in Japan if I recall Correctly...
Tenka-Ichi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Naruto has had like news episodes since 2 Months ago(July) in Canada. It's that YTV is lazy you see so ya that's why they don't put Episode Titles. Also I recall G.I Joe Sigma 6 premiering this week on YTV it's animated in Japan if I recall Correctly...

It's not really that YTV is lazy... it's that there is absolutlely no communication between the different departments.
Someone_II

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Tenka-Ichi wrote:
Primus wrote:

It's not really that YTV is lazy... it's that there is absolutlely no communication between the different departments.

Exactly. If they did have any comunication between departments they wouldn't have spent 2 months fending off "rumors" about GSD.
jgreen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:02 am Reply with quote
scortia wrote:
jgreen wrote:

Also, how is Mirage of Blaze, the show Encore Action is showing this week?

It's a mediocre hisorical fantasy of sorts with shounen ai innuendo. I personally don't recommend it, though some people like it well enough.

Some of the anime Encore Action plays just confuses me...especially since they originally replaced Street Fighter with Mirage of Blaze...did they think the guys who had sat there to watch Street Fighter wouldn't notice the guys in Mirage of Blaze getting clingy to each other?... oh wait, *remembers the campy ending credits to Street Fighter*... nevermind. Razz

Yeah, I happened to be bored last night and gave Mirage of Blaze a try last night...

WOW, that was awful. It's like X without....any of the things that makes X good. The animation was just...yikes. At least I have Gokusen to look forward to starting on 9/18. Very Happy

Steamboy at midnight 9/16, too! NICE!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
halochief_90

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:02 pm Reply with quote
X_A wrote:
Uhm, according to the guide and commercials - Trinity Blood will also be starting on Cartoon Network right along with Bleach - might wanna put that in...
Next week it will be in there. Note that the list cuts off at September 8 and those shows don't air 'til September 9th.
RezSav

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Now are we factoring in "the Fix" on adultswim.com when it comes to Bleach?
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Bryan, with YTV and CN airing the same episodes of Bleach concurrently, the date format for your articles is going to start getting kind of confusing. Perhaps you should consider having each article cover Sunday-Saturday instead of Saturday-Friday so that the premieres for each week on both stations can be covered? That seems to make a lot more sense.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2